Husky liner floor mats - Page 4 - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 12:29 PM

I had the Weathertech ones, and ordered the Husky mats for the sport instead. The coverage for the Husky mats are so much better.
PhoenixM3 likes this.

2017 Fusion Sport - mods to come!

Previous Car:
---------------
2014 Ford Focus ST (stage 3 e30 290/380)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionFrenzy19 View Post
I had the Weathertech ones, and ordered the Husky mats for the sport instead. The coverage for the Husky mats are so much better.
Agreed. I've been very happy with the Weathertech's in both mine and my wife's previous vehicles. However, when I purchased a set for my '16 Fusion I was not happy with the footwell coverage, especially on the passenger side. I decided to return them and got a set of Husky Liners instead, and they were much better in my opinion, covering a far greater area in comparison.

The '17 Sport that I just picked up came with a set of factory Ford rubber fitted mats, which actually seem okay to me for now. There's only another few weeks of winter weather left (fingers crossed) this season, so I'll keep them for now. I'll likely choose to get another set of Husky liners, but that can wait until next fall.

For what it's worth, I consider the spider mats as well, since I thought they looked really nice, but did not like the fact that they appeared to have holes in the drivers mat for the locating pins. To me this was an unnecessary spot for water to leak through. The Husky Liners are solid construction, with raised areas over the locating pins and small cleats on the bottom to stop the matt from shifting around. Zero leakage was the selling point for me.
FusionFrenzy19 likes this.

2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 401A, Shadow Black
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkFFS View Post
I've been very happy with the Weathertech's in both mine and my wife's previous vehicles. However, when I purchased a set for my '16 Fusion I was not happy with the footwell coverage, especially on the passenger side. I decided to return them and got a set of Husky Liners instead, and they were much better in my opinion, covering a far greater area in comparison.
Same here. I loved the Weathertechs in my ST, but the ones for the Fusion Sport were pretty bad with coverage.

2017 Fusion Sport - mods to come!

Previous Car:
---------------
2014 Ford Focus ST (stage 3 e30 290/380)

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 09:37 PM

Garage
I've sold a few sets of the Husky's at work and people seem to like them. WeatherTech's quality is great but seems like the Husky's have better fitment in this case.

1993 Mustang
2001 S10 (Booooo!)
2000 Contour SVT
2013 Focus SE (Wifey Mobile)
2004 Focus SVT (Current)
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 09:55 PM
OX1

Only downside to Husky's is the amount of band aids you need after handling the underside.
Suckers are sharp............ (also keeps me from removing full rear mat, always a bit worried
about punching holes in leather, although probably wouldn't happen)
ArthurUSCG likes this.
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 08:20 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionFrenzy19 View Post
Agreed, they are the best I have seen.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 05:24 PM

But they work so good!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page