Auto start/stop - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Auto start/stop

Is auto start/stop a thing on the 18-19's?

STB, hood lift, Unleashed V7, RSB, jckng rails, Edge antenna, MKZ gauges, VelossaTech Big Mouth, Lncln actv sus, Bambi mode, engine noise delete, 4 quick tap blinker, urethane filled RTM, partial filled diff bushing, CAI w/lid, Levels intercooler, lower grille, oil separator, GFB DV+, Steeda springs, lvl 3 taillights, heated armrest, Mondeo power folding/Dual AutoDim Side Mirrors, Mondeo hatchback wing, SS-TUNING fender flares, Flowmaster 17226 Axle Back, EPP Intk/Chrg Pipes, Maxbore 65mm TB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 12:17 PM

I don't have it on my '18

2018 - Lightning Blue - 401a, Sunroof, Driver Assist
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 01:40 PM

I don't think Ford has start/stop on Fusions in general. I have a 2018 and a 2019 Fusion and neither of them do that.

2018 Fusion Sport | 401A | Moonroof | Cooled Seats | Nav | Driver Assist Package

Performance Mod's: Unleashed E50 Custom Tune | Snow Performance Stage 2 Methanol Injection Kit | UP 3" Catted Downpipes | UP Garrett Core Front Mount Intercooler | UP Rear Motor Mount | Steeda CAI (w/custom plexiglass top) | GFB DV+ T9358 | NGK Plugs | BBK 65MM Throttle Body

Aesthetic Mod's: Tint, Illuminated Door Sills

1/4 Mile:
12.611 @ 110.89

0-60:4.51
0-60(1'):4.30

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 03:30 PM

Garage
They have it on the later F-series and newer EcoBoost models, along with active grille shutters. I used to think they opted not to have auto stop-start and shutters on EcoBoost because you want the turbos to be cooled down with coolant and oil, but I guess that changed recently.

* 2017 Fusion Sport, 12.7 @ 108 mph tune-only (early tune of mine, bad trans settings), full trunk w/ lunch, and dirty paper air filter
* 2014 SHO non-PP, 12.4 @ 111 mph tune-only, all day long with dirty paper air filter and worn out 30k RS-As
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I'm liking it on my new Ranger. I wouldn't mind it in the Fusion either. Traffic and long lights are a pet peeve.

STB, hood lift, Unleashed V7, RSB, jckng rails, Edge antenna, MKZ gauges, VelossaTech Big Mouth, Lncln actv sus, Bambi mode, engine noise delete, 4 quick tap blinker, urethane filled RTM, partial filled diff bushing, CAI w/lid, Levels intercooler, lower grille, oil separator, GFB DV+, Steeda springs, lvl 3 taillights, heated armrest, Mondeo power folding/Dual AutoDim Side Mirrors, Mondeo hatchback wing, SS-TUNING fender flares, Flowmaster 17226 Axle Back, EPP Intk/Chrg Pipes, Maxbore 65mm TB
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitFS View Post
I don't think Ford has start/stop on Fusions in general. I have a 2018 and a 2019 Fusion and neither of them do that.

I drove a 2019 Fusion SEL in April and it had auto start/stop. Had to press the button to disable after each start. It was the 1.5L EB.

The SE, SEL and Titanium (FWD only) with the 1.5 EB or 2.0 EB have auto start/stop.

2017 Fusion Sport 2.7L 401A (06/17)
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hmm.. I'm going to look into seeing if I can activate it.

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 10:29 PM

When I first got the car I had this confused with the stop and go of the ACC. I believe kper05 is correct.
The functionality is possibly there in the software, but I there may be some additional electronics needed to be wired in.

I remember seeing a fusion with this and the auto park as well. It was a four button arrangement. I found a photo but it isn't clear but it had the auto start/stop button.
Attached some photos from the SE/titanium that I came across and thought I would add.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	17.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	24729   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017foc200003_640_43.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	24731   Click image for larger version

Name:	Storage-1-760x569.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	24733  

401A Shadow Black
K&N Filter, GFB DV+, Lime Green Painted Calipers, Rebadged to XR6
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMUSTANG View Post
I'm liking it on my new Ranger. I wouldn't mind it in the Fusion either. Traffic and long lights are a pet peeve.
Agree with you. Would really like it for downtown driving. Feels like I'm stationary more than moving.at times.

Really notice a significant difference in mileage when I'm doing city driving. Not cool burning a tank of 93 gas at idle.

401A Shadow Black
K&N Filter, GFB DV+, Lime Green Painted Calipers, Rebadged to XR6
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 07:29 AM

Garage
Wasn't there speculation that the engineers had a difficult time keeping this engine combo cool
enough in the Fusion and decided against the auto stop?

I know I read that somewhere.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page