10Likes
  • 8 Post By La Flama Blanca
  • 1 Post By jdgesmlls
  • 1 Post By metroplex

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
My first trip to the track with the Sport

Last Friday I made it to the last test and tune of the year at Norwalk.
Wasn't a whole bunch of people there so I was thinking I'd get 4-5 runs, wrong. A bunch
of oil downs, one guy with a fox body Mustang dumped sand all over the track the first 100'
Anyway I only ended up with 2 runs before I called it quits.
Weather was mid 50's with a 15-20 MPH headwind, <- sucked...

Mods
93 octane tune- no revisions
My fan mod switch
Removed the air filter
2 gallons of 108 race gas
Removed spare and jack

First pass I didn't use sport mode but I had the suspension set to sport, it was kinda a shake down pass to get a feel for the car
since it was my first time with it out.
I don't have the exact time but it was around [email protected]
Did NOT brake boost at all, right at a 1.98 60'

Second pass
Cooled down for 1.5 hours, I was towards the back of the staging lane and when I started it up to start moving
the engine temp was well below half, good thing I had 5 minutes to let it warm up.
Kept the fans running to keep the IC cool.
Full sport mode enabled
Traction control off

When the lights started to drop I rolled hard on the gas and released the brake after a second.
1.838 60'
12.941 @ 106.37

I datalogged that run so I want to check that out soon, I flew to China Sunday so when I get back I'll run through it.
But it pulled hard.
Since the tune has no revisions on it and I don't feel I should sent it to Torrie since I had the race gas in the tank.
Car weighed 4220, with me in it, I weigh 195
I may not even mess with the 93 octane tune, thinking about going E30 for next year.

There was a guy with a grey Sport, he ran 13.15 after my 13.40 run.

This is my first AWD car, drag racing is actually fun when you don't have to worry about traction, especially coming from the last 15 years
with FWD cars.
I may try to run one more time at Dragway 42 if the weather hold out but it's not looking very promising.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7386.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	25147   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7385.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	25149  
Flew, Oreo, JRG and 5 others like this.

Last edited by La Flama Blanca; 10-11-2019 at 03:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 07:13 AM

Good run! I have the same impressions about awd after coming from fwd also. If you can go e30 I would. No sense to me in messing with 93 if you have access to e85. 93 will never be as fast, but if you live in the colder winter climate, it’s good for the winter months. I’m getting ready to swap to it, from e30.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 09:30 AM
OX1

Nice run. How did a fox body put sand all over the track?
Had a spreader hooked up, just came from a 4 wheeling run?, LOL!!!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
Nice run. How did a fox body put sand all over the track?
Had a spreader hooked up, just came from a 4 wheeling run?, LOL!!!
I have no idea but the announcer was basically screaming at the guy over the PA telling him his day was done.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Flama Blanca View Post
First pass I didn't use sport mode but I had the suspension set to sport...
How do you set the suspension to sport mode without actually being in "Sport" mode?
Blue Fuze likes this.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 06:38 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgesmlls View Post
How do you set the suspension to sport mode without actually being in "Sport" mode?
You have to use FORSCan to change one of the sections of the IPC to enable selection of the suspension modes via the settings and driver assist menu. You get Comfort, Normal, and Sport. There's debate on whether stock is Comfort or Normal. I believe the MKZ's allow for this from the factory. I just leave mine in Comfort because I always felt it handled better and was more comfortable.

As for Sport vs Drive in performance, the Sport mode keeps the same boost / driver demand / spark settings as Drive. Sport mode changes to a different shift schedule and different throttle sensitivity table.
jdgesmlls likes this.

* 2017 Fusion Sport, 12.7 @ 108 mph tune-only (early tune of mine, bad trans settings), full trunk w/ lunch, and dirty paper air filter
* 2014 SHO non-PP, 12.4 @ 111 mph tune-only, all day long with dirty paper air filter and worn out 30k RS-As
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
You have to use FORSCan to change one of the sections of the IPC to enable selection of the suspension modes via the settings and driver assist menu. You get Comfort, Normal, and Sport. There's debate on whether stock is Comfort or Normal. I believe the MKZ's allow for this from the factory. I just leave mine in Comfort because I always felt it handled better and was more comfortable.

As for Sport vs Drive in performance, the Sport mode keeps the same boost / driver demand / spark settings as Drive. Sport mode changes to a different shift schedule and different throttle sensitivity table.

Hi metroplex. Just for informational purposes, "stock" is "Normal".

Good luck.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 02:57 PM

Garage
Comfort is exclusive to the Lincolns or until you activate it with Forscan.

STB, hood lift, Unleashed V7, RSB, jckng rails, Edge antenna, MKZ gauges, VelossaTech Big Mouth, Lncln actv sus, Bambi mode, engine noise delete, 4 quick tap blinker, urethane filled RTM, partial filled diff bushing, CAI w/lid, Levels intercooler, lower grille, oil separator, GFB DV+, Steeda springs, lvl 3 taillights, heated armrest, Mondeo power folding/Dual AutoDim Side Mirrors, Mondeo hatchback wing, SS-TUNING fender flares, Flowmaster 17226 Axle Back, EPP Intk/Chrg Pipes, Maxbore 65mm TB
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 02:28 PM

So purchasing this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...6WDJ39HA&psc=1

And downloading/purchasing FORScan Lite should be all I need to get going to tinker with these kind of things?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 03:04 PM

Garage
You can just download the regular FORScan beta for Windows. OBDLink MX is OK and simple to use, but VCX Nano for Ford is much much faster, but you need VXManager to load the drivers to use it as a J2534 pass-through device. You can then use VCX Nano with Ford's FJDS and a 3-day license to update modules just like the dealership does. Either way the VCX Nano can be used with FORScan, and to edit the modules you need to register for a free FORScan license.

* 2017 Fusion Sport, 12.7 @ 108 mph tune-only (early tune of mine, bad trans settings), full trunk w/ lunch, and dirty paper air filter
* 2014 SHO non-PP, 12.4 @ 111 mph tune-only, all day long with dirty paper air filter and worn out 30k RS-As

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page