MKZ Turbos Have Landed - Page 4 - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Bob View Post
You at least have to beat twin force fusion’s times.
What did they run and what mods? I still have a stock intercooler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearwrench View Post
What did they run and what mods? I still have a stock intercooler.
I think his best was 12.2 or something. But he hasn't broken into 11s yet (no fusion sport has) but someone running upgraded turbos with a custom tune might do the trick.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

White Platinum Tri-Coat 401A - Bone Stock (for now)
post #33 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 07:08 AM
OX1

Quote:
Milan, MI. I think the DA was around 1600 ft last time I was there.
Can you go at 7AM tomorrow, LOL............

https://airdensityonline.com/track-f...Milan_Dragway/

I'd wait until Oct..........

https://airdensityonline.com/track-h...ay/2018-10-27/

post #34 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Kind of, but we can always use the numbers that other folks were running. It seems that there are quite a few tuned Sports in the 12.9-13.0 range running around 104-106 mph.

I think we’ve just about got the base tune dialed in and should be ramping the boost up over the next couple days.

I am consistently running 12.6's at 110 without bigger turbos, with bigger turbos you should be **** near close or under 12. Good luck!

2018 Fusion Sport | 401A | Moonroof | Cooled Seats | Nav | Driver Assist Package

Performance Mod's: Unleashed E50 Custom Tune | Snow Performance Stage 2 Methanol Injection Kit | UP 3" Catted Downpipes | UP Garrett Core Front Mount Intercooler | UP Rear Motor Mount | Steeda CAI (w/custom plexiglass top) | GFB DV+ T9358 | NGK Plugs | BBK 65MM Throttle Body

Aesthetic Mod's: Tint, Illuminated Door Sills

1/4 Mile:
12.611 @ 110.89

0-60:4.51
0-60(1'):4.30
post #35 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 02:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieEcoBoost View Post
I think his best was 12.2 or something. But he hasn't broken into 11s yet (no fusion sport has) but someone running upgraded turbos with a custom tune might do the trick.

I was under the impression his 12.2 time was with basically every mod and bolt-on, including his MKZ turbos? There's very few mods he hasn't done. That's not to say any of them do much, (intake, filter, tb, gfbdv, downpipes, etc.) I will be sticking to intercooler, tune, and maybe turbos only myself.

The important thing will be trap speed. I would hope to see an improvement of around 5mph but I don't think twinforce did. He is around 112mph i believe.

2017 Lightning Blue

Last edited by detriot; 09-13-2019 at 02:43 PM.
post #36 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 02:59 PM

Yes, 12.2 with all mods and race gas is TwinForce's best time. I have meth that's the only mod he doesn't have. I'm curious if it will be the differential when I finally find some turbos. Still on the fence between MKZ or Pure or BNR.

2018 Fusion Sport | 401A | Moonroof | Cooled Seats | Nav | Driver Assist Package

Performance Mod's: Unleashed E50 Custom Tune | Snow Performance Stage 2 Methanol Injection Kit | UP 3" Catted Downpipes | UP Garrett Core Front Mount Intercooler | UP Rear Motor Mount | Steeda CAI (w/custom plexiglass top) | GFB DV+ T9358 | NGK Plugs | BBK 65MM Throttle Body

1/4 Mile:
12.611 @ 110.89

post #37 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detriot View Post
I was under the impression his 12.2 time was with basically every mod and bolt-on, including his MKZ turbos? There's very few mods he hasn't done. That's not to say any of them do much, (intake, filter, tb, gfbdv, downpipes, etc.) I will be sticking to intercooler, tune, and maybe turbos only myself.

The important thing will be trap speed. I would hope to see an improvement of around 5mph but I don't think twinforce did. He is around 112mph i believe.
I think with all the lesser parts, stickier tires, intercooler and MKZ turbos.. a true custom tune is the key. His 12.2s are still with a canned Livernois tune.
Someone working with Torrie can get much better gains. Twinforce has the same problem as most of us without the benefit
of E30. Racefuel is 155.00+ CDN for a 5 gallon (US) can.

You need close to two gallons on a run or you may starve the engine. (from experience) Test and Tune gets very expensive.

This is getting exciting now! Someone will be breaking into the 11s soon.

2017 Shadow Black, 401A fully optioned/ illuminated door sills/ factory 3M/ 3M Ceramic tint/ Steeda strut tower/front and rear anti-sway bars/ hood release/ jacking rails/AFE dry filter/ Velossa Tech Bigmouth/ rear LED marker lights/Level 3 taillights/ JLT catch can/GFB DV+ T9358/ UP rear motor mount , CP-e fmic with custom ACC relocate, MKZ trunk parcel shelf liner. MKZ turbos, Flowmaster 71226, SCT Livewire /Unleashed 94 octane tune (NO E30 here) PTU and rearend on Amsoil.
post #38 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flew View Post
I think with all the lesser parts, stickier tires, intercooler and MKZ turbos.. a true custom tune is the key. His 12.2s are still with a canned Livernois tune.

Someone working with Torrie can get much better gains. Twinforce has the same problem as most of us without the benefit

of E30. Racefuel is 155.00+ CDN for a 5 gallon (US) can.

You need close to two gallons on a run or you may starve the engine. (from experience) Test and Tune gets very expensive.

This is getting exciting now! Someone will be breaking into the 11s soon.
Yes! If twinforce had a custom street/dyno tune to dial in his mkz turbos he would see better numbers for sure. Running that canned livernois tune ia a big fail

White Platinum Tri-Coat 401A - Bone Stock (for now)
post #39 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieEcoBoost View Post
Yes! If twinforce had a custom street/dyno tune to dial in his mkz turbos he would see better numbers for sure. Running that canned livernois tune ia a big fail

Not to defend someone I don't even know but to say it is a "fail" is a bit harsh. He has stated many times the closest dyno is over an hour away from his house. With how much people like us change parts and mod our cars it isn't super efficient to get a dyno tune that may need to be changed often, sometimes at larger sums than a can tune. Torrie is kind of in the middle with the ability to tune based on your logs, I do think if he switched to Torrie he would see better results.

1/4 Mile:
12.611 @ 110.89

post #40 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 06:37 PM

I was gonna say thats full speculation. And we don't know how much is left on the table or if he would be faster in the 1/4 mile. I'm sure that livernois left a little wiggle room in their tunes to account for slight variations. And environmental conditions to ensure nothing blows up and it lasts. I don't have much in the way of mods. So I'll just get liverois for my Lincoln.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page