Who have you beat head to head? - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Seen a number of posts of people taking on all sorts of vehicles. Seems our little niche car does pretty darn well.

What has been your experience vs hot hatches and actual sports cars? Please include if and how you are modded and if you think your opponent was as well. Track or street are both welcomed, if track, show a race slip if you have it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 12:25 PM

Most are backed up by video at drag strip here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCme...50XZbzQ113CW3g
The ones you don't see are either unpublished drag races at drag or street races I don't have video of.

I have beaten the following:
Taurus SHO
Ranger
Fusion Sport
Mustang GT
Sierra 2500 HD

F150 Sport
AMG CL 63
Charger 392 Daytona
Charger 392 Scat Pack
Challenger R/T
Challenger Hellcat (black key)
Camaro RS
Camaro SS

Focus R/S
Focus ST
Edge Sport
Stinger
WRX
WRX STI
C7 Corvette
RAM SRT10
SRT-4 Neon

And lots more. AWD 12.6 1/4 is hard to beat. Most guys on the street spin tires and it's an easy win.

2018 Fusion Sport | 401A | Moonroof | Cooled Seats | Nav | Driver Assist Package

Perfomance Mod's: LMS93V6 Tune *retired* | Unleashed E30 Custom Tune | Snow Performance Stage 2 Methanol Injection Kit | Ultimate Performance 3" Catted Downpipes | Ultimate Performance Garrett Core Front Mount Intercooler | Ultimate Performance Rear Motor Mount | Steeda CAI (w/custom plexiglass top) | GFB DV+ T9358

Aesthetic Mod's: Tint, Illuminated Door Sills

Best 1/4 Mile:
12.611 @ 110.89
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 01:30 PM

Garage
I love seeing peoples faces after the Fusion takes them out. Such a sleeper car!

Vehicles I have beat:

BMW 335i 4x in a row lol
Focus ST
Mercedes E300
Infiniti G37
Honda Civic B18
Honda Civic SI K20
Audi QS5
Audi Q5 2.0T
Audi A6 4.2L
Charger R/T
Challenger R/T
Subaru WRX STI Stage 2 (Dead even)
BMW 330i
BMW 540i

I know there are more that I can't think of at the moment.

2017 Ford Fusion Sport 401A in Oxford White

AFE Dry Flow Filter, Ceramic Tint 35%, 91 Octane
[email protected] w/1.911 60ft Irwindale 2200DA
-Navigation
-Cooled Seats
-Moonroof

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 05:02 PM

Garage
Ran side by side with a Focus RS and the Fusion Sport was pulling away fast. Did the same against an Audi RS7 with the SHO (12.4 car). I miss the bigger low-mid range grunt of that 3.5 EcoBoost. The 2.7 even when tuned isn't as much of a beast.

* 2017 Fusion Sport, 12.7 @ 108 mph tune-only (early tune of mine, bad trans settings), full trunk w/ lunch, and dirty paper air filter
* 2014 SHO non-PP, 12.4 @ 111 mph tune-only, all day long with dirty paper air filter and worn out 30k RS-As
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 08:44 PM

Garage
Beat a newer (new?) Mustang GT. I think the first time he didn't decide/realize until about 1 second into me punching it but the 2nd time he gave it **** and there was just nothing he was gonna do driver-wise to not have me just walk him. But the walk was already way ahead because by the time I was shifting into 2nd he was already 3 cars back from the launch. Thats why I think my Cobra would reel my fusion in and pass it about 40 or so.

My UP Garrett FMIC is here Monday though.... can't wait to get that in and see if I've been getting heatsoak screwed after driving for even a few minutes because sometimes that's seriously how it feels.

2019 Velocity Brew Fusion Sport
Steeda Cold Air - Borla S-Type mufflers w/Magnaflow x-pipe - Turbosmart Dual Port BOV - UP FMIC (Garrett core) - Steeda Hood Struts - Illuminated FUSION Door Sill plates - Steeda Oil Separator - Chrome delete, carbon fiber wrapped - RB Mud flaps - Savanini shift paddle extenstions - Bright Trax Puddle Lights - Unleashed Tune

To be installed: Reische 170* Tstat
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 01:33 AM Thread Starter

Wow Detroit, that was fun to watch. Then I headed over to Twin Forces page and watched a few of his. I'm inspired.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page