Anyone actively monitoring KR/timing? - Page 2 - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootushead View Post
With the cruise control on, going up a slight hill, itíll jump up to 5.99 then steadily step back down
This is interesting, as all of my WOT pulls are being done on a long highway on ramp with a slight incline. I haven't found a good flat stretch of road to do one where I can get from a stop to 100+.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

That’s exactly how I’ve done my datalogs. A WOT pull on a long on-ramp that’ll let me get up to 80-90mph before I have to slow down and merge. KR stays (-) during the whole run till the very end when it’ll get up to around 0.75.

I have my cruise control set at 80mph all the time during my long (all highway) commute each day. That’s usually when I see the KR jump up to 5.99 then slowly step back down.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 07:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootushead View Post
Thatís exactly how Iíve done my datalogs. A WOT pull on a long on-ramp thatíll let me get up to 80-90mph before I have to slow down and merge. KR stays (-) during the whole run till the very end when itíll get up to around 0.75.

I have my cruise control set at 80mph all the time during my long (all highway) commute each day. Thatís usually when I see the KR jump up to 5.99 then slowly step back down.
I'm not a ford technician and I know any knock is bad but it seems to me like that specific scenario wouldn't be too much of a concern? Just seems to me like if you had to have knock, i'd think i would rather have super low rpm knock at speed for a long period than just a few wot runs. I could, and most likely am, way off. But I'm just thinking out loud on a damage standpoint from the engine.

My tuner that tuned my Cobra I remember we pulled 2* of timing out of the 7/8 cylinder, i think, just during wot. Guys were having problems with the inadequate coolant flow to those cylinders and were seeing failures so we tried to mitigate it in the tune. He seemed pretty happy with the results from it and we kept it in. I'm still learning a lot about the ecoboost engines but that couldn't be tuned out? One of these days I'm going to go ahead and just buy the tuner software so I can break my stuff more intimately.
acdot42 likes this.

2019 Velocity Brew Fusion Sport
Steeda Cold Air
Borla S-Type mufflers w/Magnaflow x-pipe
Turbosmart Dual Port BOV
UP FMIC (Garrett core)
Steeda Hood Struts
Illuminated FUSION Door Sill plates
Steeda Oil Separator
Chrome delete, carbon fiber wrapped
RB Mud flaps
Savanini shift paddle extenstions
Bright Trax Puddle Lights
Unleashed Tune

To be installed: Reische 170* Tstat

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

I switched back to the unleashed 91 performance tune yesterday and I can definitely tell it doesn’t pull as hard as the E30 tune I was running. However, I’m a 1/4 tank in and my OAR is already -0.46 and the most KR I registered on my commute to/from work today was +2.50 instead of frequent +5.99. I’ll update over the next couple tanks of gas.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 09:12 AM

“Break my stuff more intimately”
ROFLOL!!!!
acdot42 likes this.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Well after 2 tanks of 91 on the unleashed 91 tune my KR never really got above (+)2.50. So I switched back to the E30 tune and made sure the gas was mixed right.

I could immediately tell it pulled a lot harder than the 91, OAR was back down to (-)0.96 within a half tank of gas but, the KR went back up to (+)5.99 several times during my commute.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 08:58 AM

In a turbo car the difference In performance between a 91 tune and a e30 tune is huge.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 10:43 PM

I've been running on Shell/BP 93 octane now for a few weeks. I installed a GFB DV+ and removed my Steeda BOV. No other changes. I attached a WOT pull with the Tuning by James 93 tune. Knock sensor is in dark blue, accel pedal position volts in light blue, and RPM in black. I don't see any KR issues with this data log.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-09-10 22_38_43-WOT_TBJ.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	24927  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page