BNR Turbos - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 21Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 78 (permalink) Unread 08-08-2019, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

BNR Turbos

Okay, I'm itching to go faster. Called Brian today at BNR. Asked him about any other Fusion Sports, he claims he has done 5 or 6 and one guy dyno'ed before and after claiming 100+ HP gains..... So that sounds like a no brainer. I don't have a lift though, that is my only reservation. I really want to be involved in the process and would rather save the labor as much as possible. Anyone in the Detroit area with access to a lift willing to help? I am hoping to be able to send mine out before the end of this month. Brian said it will take 7-14 days to get them back. So I'd need access to a lift on two different days. Hopefully I don't have to do this in my garage like I did for my downpipes, that was awful.

2018 Fusion Sport | 401A | Moonroof | Cooled Seats | Nav | Driver Assist Package

Perfomance Mod's: LMS93V6 Tune *retired* | Unleashed E30 Custom Tune | Snow Performance Stage 2 Methanol Injection Kit | Ultimate Performance 3" Catted Downpipes | Ultimate Performance Garrett Core Front Mount Intercooler | Ultimate Performance Rear Motor Mount | Steeda CAI (w/custom plexiglass top) | GFB DV+ T9358

Aesthetic Mod's: Tint

Best 1/4 Mile:
12.611 @ 110.89
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 78 (permalink) Unread 08-08-2019, 07:09 PM

try this place:

My Mechanics Place | "If only there were a place"

Not sure where you stay but they're located in Livonia.

I've yet to use them but have been there to check them out. They've only been around for about a year. They seem very slow & anxious to drum up some new biz. Let me know if you decide to schedule something. I live near them. I can offer tools or a pair of extra hands to help you. I enjoy reading about your efforts at squeezing some more speed out of these cars. IMO they're real sleepers.
PS...I'm not a frequent poster so let me know if my link doesn't work
post #3 of 78 (permalink) Unread 08-09-2019, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
So did you ask if he can do MKZ turbos? If you are gonna do it DO IT!!!

2017 Fusion Sport Oxford White, 401A, Driver Assist Pkg, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Hood Strut Kit, Rear Sway bar, CAI Kit, Tracy Lewis Performance Signature Series Dual Valve Catch Can, Amsoil Synthetic 5W-30 Signature Series Motor Oil

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 78 (permalink) Unread 08-09-2019, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
So did you ask if he can do MKZ turbos? If you are gonna do it DO IT!!!

Yes he said he didn't care. But, the compressor and inducer get replaced anyway, to my knowledge both MKZ, and FS turbo housings are the same. So I don't think there would be any difference in the end.

2018 Fusion Sport | 401A | Moonroof | Cooled Seats | Nav | Driver Assist Package

Perfomance Mod's: LMS93V6 Tune *retired* | Unleashed E30 Custom Tune | Snow Performance Stage 2 Methanol Injection Kit | Ultimate Performance 3" Catted Downpipes | Ultimate Performance Garrett Core Front Mount Intercooler | Ultimate Performance Rear Motor Mount | Steeda CAI (w/custom plexiglass top) | GFB DV+ T9358

Best 1/4 Mile:
12.611 @ 110.89
post #5 of 78 (permalink) Unread 08-09-2019, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Fuze View Post
try this place:

My Mechanics Place | "If only there were a place"

Not sure where you stay but they're located in Livonia.

I've yet to use them but have been there to check them out. They've only been around for about a year. They seem very slow & anxious to drum up some new biz. Let me know if you decide to schedule something. I live near them. I can offer tools or a pair of extra hands to help you. I enjoy reading about your efforts at squeezing some more speed out of these cars. IMO they're real sleepers.
PS...I'm not a frequent poster so let me know if my link doesn't work

Wow ya that actually sounds cool. Could do a meetup there as well when/if I got that route. Thanks for the info!

Best 1/4 Mile:
12.611 @ 110.89
post #6 of 78 (permalink) Unread 08-09-2019, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Ok so update, I called my local mechanic where I got dyno'ed. I told him about getting my turbos upgraded and he was very very quick and stern with, "Don't rebuild, they never last, only buy new!" What's a boy to do now? What are the actual pitfalls and dangers of rebuilding/upgrading a turbo?

Best 1/4 Mile:
12.611 @ 110.89
post #7 of 78 (permalink) Unread 08-09-2019, 01:33 PM

Garage
I'm thinking he's use to the junk rebuilds where they try to reuse as much of the OEM parts as they can. BNR should be usingall new components and isn't a highschooler doing the machining.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Donjohnk likes this.

2017 Lighting Blue
post #8 of 78 (permalink) Unread 08-09-2019, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurUSCG View Post
I'm thinking he's use to the junk rebuilds where they try to reuse as much of the OEM parts as they can. BNR should be usingall new components and isn't a highschooler doing the machining.

Ah, maybe yes. I don't know enough about how turbos are made to have an opinion.

Best 1/4 Mile:
12.611 @ 110.89
post #9 of 78 (permalink) Unread 08-09-2019, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

So I did some forum searching and didn't find this answer. We have the Borg K03... Would the K04 fit our car? Might make more sense to just buy a new turbo made for more power? They look to be about 1300-1500 a piece. So the overall price would be greater but if it's safer than rebuilding our K03's I'd have to take that into account.

Best 1/4 Mile:
12.611 @ 110.89
post #10 of 78 (permalink) Unread 08-09-2019, 04:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitFS View Post
So I did some forum searching and didn't find this answer. We have the Borg K03... Would the K04 fit our car? Might make more sense to just buy a new turbo made for more power? They look to be about 1300-1500 a piece. So the overall price would be greater but if it's safer than rebuilding our K03's I'd have to take that into account.
The benefit of working the mkz or FS turbos is they are plug and play. All of the oil, coolant and mounting is OEM and nothing special is needed.

2017 Lighting Blue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in