Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

Exhaust setup.

16K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  FrankTheFusion 
#1 ·
I started with the MRT axle back and hated it.. The drone and vibrations were too much. I had a MagnaFlow Tru-X core (part#11386) welded on in place of the factory resonator. This made a much cleaner sound but it still was too much. I couldn't stand the v-6 mustang sound every time I started from a dead stop. I ended up welding on just, after the axle, two MangaFlow mufflers (part#14148). Wow did these little guys make a difference. At idle, there is a nice rumble coming from the pipes. Driving is truly enjoyable now because I have a smooth exhaust notes without all the annoying drone. Its a perfect match in my opinion. You can roll the windows down and mash it into Sport mode and enjoy yourself or you can roll the windows up, turn the radio on and almost forget your in a sports car. This is how the car should have sounded rolling off the manufactures line.

I know my friends, pictures and videos.. I'll post these in the next couple of days for you guys.

#2 ·
My system sounds very similar to yours. I too started with just an axle back with no mufflers, couldn't stand the drone. Ended up replacing the front resonator with a Flowmaster Super 44, and dual Magnaflows at the back. MUCH happier with the results.

Attachments

#4 ·
I will be copying this soon as well.

#5 ·
Two YouTube videos of my setup, one taken outside the car, and one from inside:

Axle-backs with no mufflers are just too loud and droning, regardless of what you use as a resonator up front. Put something like a Flowmaster or Magnaflow resonator up front, a pair of free-flowing mufflers at the back, and you're good to go. Quiet when it needs to be, but good sound when it counts.

Reactions: MattQ
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.