CP-E Update - Page 23 - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 139Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #221 of 251 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZWINRZ View Post
Now that we have a nice intercooler, has anyone seen anyone started making the hot and cold pipes?
Yes, theres a company developing hot/cold charge pipes right now

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

White Platinum Tri-Coat 401A - Bone Stock (for now)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 251 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieEcoBoost View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitFS View Post
I dynoed before and after doing fmic from ultimate so I dont know what you're talking about. And twin force did also.
Really? With a dyno result before fmic upgrade, and one after? With no other mods involved? With the FMIC alone showing a measured gain in whp? Dont remember seeing those, sorry.

No problem cant expect everyone to see every post.

2018 Fusion Sport | 401A | Moonroof | Cooled Seats | Nav | Driver Assist Package

Perfomance Mod's: LMS93V6 Tune *retired* | Unleashed E30 Custom Tune | Snow Performance Stage 2 Methanol Injection Kit | Ultimate Performance 3" Catted Downpipes | Ultimate Performance Garrett Core Front Mount Intercooler | Ultimate Performance Rear Motor Mount | Steeda CAI (w/custom plexiglass top) | GFB DV+ T9358

Aesthetic Mod's: Tint, Illuminated Door Sills

Best 1/4 Mile:
12.611 @ 110.89
post #223 of 251 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by detriot View Post
So there is no dyno graph of the gains? Their description says "Gain of 28whp and 25ft lbs in high RPM’s" which leads me to believe there is not much gain under the curve below 5000rpm or so.
There is, I will reach out to Mitch to see if he can send it over to me this week. I thought I posted it before in here, but I cant find the file.

post #224 of 251 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 10:42 PM

Quote:
So there is no dyno graph of the gains? Their description says "Gain of 28whp and 25ft lbs in high RPM’s" which leads me to believe there is not much gain under the curve below 5000rpm or so.
Well a 28whp gain is actually fantastic IMO, regardless of which RPM they are found in. No other mods for our vehicle (aside from the flash tune) has shown anything close to these type of gains

When you are drag racing, you are never below 4k rpm after first gear anyway. As for autoX, or just spirited driving down local back roads, this fmic helps keep away heatsoak way better than stock, so what more can you ask for.

Donjohnk and NZWINRZ like this.

Last edited by EddieEcoBoost; 10-28-2018 at 10:49 PM.
post #225 of 251 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 10:53 PM

Quote:
No problem cant expect everyone to see every post.
Can you share again? I only remember you dyno before and after all of your mods installed. Cant use those for this comparison, as we are looking to see the gains on FMIC alone

post #226 of 251 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 11:01 PM

I've dynoed before and after each mod. I believe the fmic was like 38hp peak to peak with tune and less without. I'll check my slips tomorrow. Twinforce got more out of his though. All my gains have been less than most. Is this the intercooler on Alibaba I've been hearing about? What are the gains you've seen? Livernois still has like 90hp gain on their website dyno slips and mine was only like 30. Ultimate performance, matt, has up to 70 hp for his downpipes and I only got 3hp. Marketing is always for sales. Just buy what you can afford and enjoy. If a Garrett core isnt in the cards a dyno slip shouldn't be a factor, they are easily case by case.
dlm1984 likes this.

2018 Fusion Sport | 401A | Moonroof | Cooled Seats | Nav | Driver Assist Package

Perfomance Mod's: LMS93V6 Tune *retired* | Unleashed E30 Custom Tune | Snow Performance Stage 2 Methanol Injection Kit | Ultimate Performance 3" Catted Downpipes | Ultimate Performance Garrett Core Front Mount Intercooler | Ultimate Performance Rear Motor Mount | Steeda CAI (w/custom plexiglass top) | GFB DV+ T9358

Aesthetic Mod's: Tint, Illuminated Door Sills

Best 1/4 Mile:
12.611 @ 110.89
post #227 of 251 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 11:06 PM

Garage
Intake and charge pipes. Ì convincing them to mount the bypass valve in the stock location. They were originally going to make it a VTA only setup. I may have changed their minds.

https://www.facebook.com/13957086607...7959943147707/

STB, hood lift, Cordova TB, Unleashed V7, RSB, jckng rails, Edge antenna, MKZ gauges, VelossaTech Big Mouth, Lncln actv sus, Bambi mode, engine noise delete, 4 quick tap blinker, urethane filled RTM, partial filled diff bushing, CAI w/lid, Levels intercooler, lower grille, oil separator, GFB DV+, Steeda springs, lvl 3 taillights, heated armrest, Mondeo power folding/Dual AutoDim Side Mirrors, Mondeo hatchback wing, SS-TUNING fender flares, Flowmaster 17226 Axle Back, EPP Intk/Chrg Pipes
post #228 of 251 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 11:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
I've dynoed before and after each mod. I believe the fmic was like 38hp peak to peak with tune and less without. I'll check my slips tomorrow. Twinforce got more out of his though. All my gains have been less than most. Is this the intercooler on Alibaba I've been hearing about? What are the gains you've seen? Livernois still has like 90hp gain on their website dyno slips and mine was only like 30. Ultimate performance, matt, has up to 70 hp for his downpipes and I only got 3hp. Marketing is always for sales. Just buy what you can afford and enjoy. If a Garrett core isnt in the cards a dyno slip shouldn't be a factor, they are easily case by case.
I don't think anyone is buying alibaba intercoolers haha, I was just surprised Delta is the type of brand you find all over those cheap universal car mod ebay-like part sites. I just thought it was funny that everyone is so stoked for this chinese core, after darkstar made that post about a year ago explaining to everyone why the cheaper chinese cores were not built as well (the fin structure). In my opinion, the CP-E it is not that pretty to look at, but that is all I can say at this point. If it can perform just as well as the ultimate performance garrett, I don't have anything bad to say about it.
I'm just playing devil's advocate because everyone's expectations seem really high for this and as we've seen on your car, claims mean very little.

Last edited by detriot; 10-28-2018 at 11:41 PM.
post #229 of 251 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I don't think anyone is buying alibaba intercoolers haha, I was just surprised Delta is the type of brand you find all over those cheap universal car mod ebay-like part sites. I just thought it was funny that everyone is so stoked for this chinese core, after darkstar made that post about a year ago explaining to everyone why the cheaper chinese cores were not built as well (the fin structure). In my opinion, the CP-E it is not that pretty to look at, but that is all I can say at this point. If it can perform just as well as the ultimate performance garrett, I don't have anything bad to say about it.
I'm just playing devil's advocate because everyone's expectations seem really high for this and as we've seen on your car, claims mean very little.
The manufacturers of intercoolers buy Chinese cores. Very few use garret due to cost vs gain over the Chinese core. Mountune does not use bar and plate at all and swear by it. If you actually design for the core as cp-e has then it doesn’t matter. Those levels and ultimate cores are good for 600+ hp which is way overkill. If your going real big turbos yes but for stock to 600hp the cp-e will outperform.
post #230 of 251 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 09:00 PM

Pretty sure any aftermarket intercooler will be a big improvement over stock while Chinese/Garrett CPE etc will all work fine for 99% of us.... maybe the the other 1% needs the “best” for their big build. Spend your money on whichever you want and got out and enjoy it!
ArthurUSCG and Reidonly like this.

Livin the dream!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page