Fusion Sales - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
OX1

Fusion Sales

Up 25% 2Q to 2Q (18 to 19) and 11% for the year, but yeah, lets kill it anyway.

https://www.blueovalforums.com/forum...1bc860611f.png
DaMiFo and ColoradoGuy like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 12:59 PM

Garage
I'm glad to see that (kinda funny, too)! I sooo hope this is about to bite them in the a**.
ColoradoGuy likes this.

'17 Fusion Sport, Magnetic 401A
(MKZ Cluster / TTR Garrett FMIC / Titanium Tail Lights / Black 10-spoke Escape rims / 5Hundred Painted Badges / Edge Antenna / Mondeo Door Sills / Redline Tuning Hood Struts / Ceramic Tints)
'14 Edge Sport AWD (Daily)
Previous: '10 Focus SES (Totaled, because people text and drive)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 01:52 PM

My son works for a major leasing company and gets lots of industry insider info. This could be a reflection of several factors associated with a model discontinuation: fleets “stocking up” on popular and established model that their system is set up to handle, satisfied private buyers who currently own said model and are updating/seeking upgrade, opportunists who capitalize on dealers reluctance to get stuck with a lame duck. It happened when they killed the Taurus and Crown Vic. Or it could just be Ford made a bad judgement call and jumped the shark.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
OX1

Outsold every Subaru and almost beat out GMC Sierra. Are they really losing that much money?
7th best selling car and they've done virtually nothing to it in 7 years.

https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/us-veh...ures-by-model/
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 10:53 PM

Garage
I'm sure there are a bunch of Ford fans out there who just don't want an SUV no matter which way Ford twists what it's called or how it looks. With only one sedan option left, I bet there are a bunch of people who are in a situation where they got a 1.5 Fusion rather than a Focus, or something similar.

Regardless, as OX1 mentioned the Fusion sells more than the Legacy and the Mazda 6 and both of those are really nice cars (and just redesigned, too) from companies that have a lot less money. With Ford having the ability to share a lot of the axed CD5 Fusion's costs with the inevitable CD5 Edge, there's no reason they couldn't just finish the design and suck-it-up through this sedan recession. Very short-sighted.
ColoradoGuy and ArthurUSCG like this.

'17 Fusion Sport, Magnetic 401A
(MKZ Cluster / TTR Garrett FMIC / Titanium Tail Lights / Black 10-spoke Escape rims / 5Hundred Painted Badges / Edge Antenna / Mondeo Door Sills / Redline Tuning Hood Struts / Ceramic Tints)
'14 Edge Sport AWD (Daily)
Previous: '10 Focus SES (Totaled, because people text and drive)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 12:53 PM

Iíll have to try to dig up the information, but I recall seeing somewhere that every fusion sold COST Ford $800. And at 200000 units/yr, or whatever the current sales figures are, it just doesnít make sense to keep it.

If I owned a business I would not continue selling something that I lost money on every single sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
OX1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveschmave View Post
I’ll have to try to dig up the information, but I recall seeing somewhere that every fusion sold COST Ford $800. And at 200000 units/yr, or whatever the current sales figures are, it just doesn’t make sense to keep it.

If I owned a business I would not continue selling something that I lost money on every single sale.

So then what is ford doing wrong that a good part of the rest of the industry is not..........
Hard to believe on a car that was redesigned so long ago. Even the newest engine was
stolen from something else.

There going to lose a lot more than $800 if I end up getting "comfortable"
with another brand.
DaMiFo and AisFbyM like this.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
So then what is ford doing wrong that a good part of the rest of the industry is not..........
Hard to believe on a car that was redesigned so long ago. Even the newest engine was
stolen from something else.

There going to lose a lot more than $800 if I end up getting "comfortable"
with another brand.

Honestly, Iím not really sure what Ford is doing wrong, but I do have some ideas after having worked there for almost half a decade. I do know for a fact that Ford is the industries highest cost manufacturer... it costs them more to make a vehicle than any other manufacturer.

Youíre one person that cares more about cars than the average person. Most ďnormalĒ (read: non-car guys) people donít have brand loyalty when it comes to cars. Not only that, but I think their profits and stock price speak for themselves, and that maybe cutting the Fusion wasnít such a bad move.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 07:27 AM

The problem with “car guys” is we don’t have any more money than non-car guys. Companies run by car guys that build cars for car guys either eventually die on the vine or have to build/sell niche type exotic/expensive vehicles that most of us couldn’t afford, let alone drive everyday in all kinds of weather.

I like the comment about how much money Ford will lose if we get “comfortable” with another brand. I’ve owned Fords for 38 years. Ive bought somewhere around 17-21 Fords counting immediate family. I guess I’m not contributing to making Ford change their behavior by continuing to put money in their pockets.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 08:33 PM

I plan to keep my Sport for another 2-3 years, but since there wonít be a 2022 Fusion to replace it with, Iíll probably end up with a Stinger or G70.
The wife has an SUV (2017 RAV4), so I donít need another one.
And the Edge ST doesnít impress me.

Shawn S

2017 Ford Fusion Sport - Ruby Red
2006 Z51 Corvette - LeMans Blue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page