Tune comparisons. - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Tune comparisons.

Anyone running a tune from "tuning by James"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 07:45 PM

Garage
I see he has custom tuning starting at $75
I asked Torrie about an E30 tune and he said $100
VelocityBrew likes this.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 08:33 PM

Garage
I used to be in the group that believed a dyno tune in person was 100x better than any mail order tune. Not sure how much I buy into that anymore. I went with Torrie @ Unleashed because they had a good rep, and seemed about even with Livernois as far as people picking them/being satisfied. But.... Livernois uses their own proprietary tuner... where Torrie tunes with SCT. My cobra has always been tuned with an x4 line device so that's what I bought and used for the FS.

I thought my first tune was iffy, but it wasn't the tune, it was my garbage axle back exhaust muffler delete that was leaking and making the car run like a$$. He sent me another tune anyway, but after the exhaust was fixed it was a whole different car with his tune. Plus him enabling it so it shows the gear no matter what mode or display screen it is on, I couldn't live without now. Plus he removes the speed limiter Probably normal changes but nice nonetheless.

I figure, if there's a few top name tuners that rise to the top, there's a reason for it. Why risk changing up the brain of your car with anyone but what people consider the best.

And La Flama Blanca, WHERE R U?!?! Seriously man, I can't believe I haven't run into your car yet. I'm 3blocks from DQ.

2019 Velocity Brew Fusion Sport
Steeda Cold Air
Borla S-Type mufflers w/Magnaflow x-pipe
Turbosmart Dual Port BOV
Steeda Hood Struts
Illuminated FUSION Door Sill plates
Steeda Oil Separator
Chrome delete, carbon fiber wrapped
RB Mud flaps
Savanini shift paddle extenstions
Unleashed Tune

On the way: UP FMIC w/ Garrett Core

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

VelocityBrew what axle back do you have?
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

I run both tunes unleashed & tuning by james I was just wondering if anyone else was running his tune, its nice to feel different tunes on this car unleashed is more aggressive compared to tuning by James which is very smooth and pulls for days.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 07:18 AM

Garage
I had the MRT axle back, well basically muffler delete. So that got chopped up, 2 borla S-types welded in and the stock resonator swapped with a magnaflow xpipe.

I datalogged before and after mostly to make sure the temps were OK and to see what the difference was in boost/etc. Unleashed did a nice job of making it feel better than stock on drivability until you mash it, then it's screamin

2019 Velocity Brew Fusion Sport
Steeda Cold Air
Borla S-Type mufflers w/Magnaflow x-pipe
Turbosmart Dual Port BOV
Steeda Hood Struts
Illuminated FUSION Door Sill plates
Steeda Oil Separator
Chrome delete, carbon fiber wrapped
RB Mud flaps
Savanini shift paddle extenstions
Unleashed Tune

On the way: UP FMIC w/ Garrett Core
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Hmmm how much difference does a axle back make on boost?
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 03:56 AM

Garage
Exhaust mods are next to worthless on an EcoBoost with a tune, unless you are running something significantly different (bigger turbos etc) and even then it's mainly the downpipes. The reason why dynotunes aren't mandatory with a stock EcoBoost car is that everything is speed density. There's no MAF to tweak or anything of that nature. The VE model doesn't change so you are mainly dealing with fueling, spark, and boost (via torque limiters and other settings).

* 2017 Fusion Sport, 12.7 @ 108 mph tune-only (early tune of mine, bad trans settings), full trunk w/ lunch, and dirty paper air filter
* 2014 SHO non-PP, 12.4 @ 111 mph tune-only, all day long with dirty paper air filter and worn out 30k RS-As
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old Today, 08:13 AM

Garage
Are any members here a member of Ecoboost Performance Forum?
I've been trying to register for weeks and when I click on the register link it says Registration currently disabled.
How are people supposed to join if its disabled?

Anyway I'm trying to contact AJPTurbo for an E30 tune, he seems to be the tune guy for SHO's, I have no way of doing that without registering.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old Today, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteGhost View Post
I run both tunes unleashed & tuning by james I was just wondering if anyone else was running his tune, its nice to feel different tunes on this car unleashed is more aggressive compared to tuning by James which is very smooth and pulls for days.
I have the Unleashed 93 tune and have been working with Torrie to dial it in. I have a few things I need to work out (first was better fuel, and the suggestion was made to change my plugs but not sure if that is necessary) but the Unleashed 93 is great. I ordered the Tuning by Jame 91/93 tunes yesterday and I am waiting for them to send the files over. I am excited to hear it is a smoother tune with great pull and I drive mostly city and the Unleashed tune seems to come alive at higher speeds. I will post my feedback when I get the James tunes loaded up.

I too like the variety, and the Unleashed tune is awesome but it never hurts to have options... IMHO...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page