Tune comparisons. - Page 2 - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 10:18 AM

Not that it really matters but how big of a difference have people been seeing with MPG w/93 tune vs W/O tune?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Not that it really matters but how big of a difference have people been seeing with MPG w/93 tune vs W/O tune?
To be honest, I've been driving so abnormally for data logs (WOT pulls, and testing the power bands with the tune) I can't comment on MPG yet.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

jdgesmlls the 91/93 tuning by James is one tune not two. I thought it was two when I ordered but was told it works for both fuels. Another thing is the tune does not enable the shift numbers like Torrie has enabled also the orange S on the left screen is not there either kind of stealth but I like them there myself. I also order the RiceKrispy tune but you need a after market exhuast to hear the snap crackle. I have not installed exhuast yet so I cant comment on that.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteGhost View Post
jdgesmlls the 91/93 tuning by James is one tune not two. I thought it was two when I ordered but was told it works for both fuels. Another thing is the tune does not enable the shift numbers like Torrie has enabled also the orange S on the left screen is not there either kind of stealth but I like them there myself. I also order the RiceKrispy tune but you need a after market exhuast to hear the snap crackle. I have not installed exhuast yet so I cant comment on that.
@WhiteGhost - Thanks for the information. I didn't expect to have the gear number in the Unleashed tune but I think it is a great addition. You are saying that even with 'Sport' mode engaged, the orange "S" does not show on the left display with the James' tune? That seems odd... I suppose I can look down at the gear knob to see it illuminated, but I wonder why he would remove that?

I didn't order the Rice Krispie as I don't have an aftermarket exhaust.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 05:38 PM

Garage
I've set mine to display the gear number in Drive and in Sport. In Sport Mode, the S still shows up but the gear is always displayed as well. I did this on my 2018 Explorer XLT as well.

It's a simple setting in HPTuners, and I'm sure is the same for SCT or whatever Torrie uses.

* 2017 Fusion Sport, 12.7 @ 108 mph tune-only (early tune of mine, bad trans settings), full trunk w/ lunch, and dirty paper air filter
* 2014 SHO non-PP, 12.4 @ 111 mph tune-only, all day long with dirty paper air filter and worn out 30k RS-As
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
I've set mine to display the gear number in Drive and in Sport. In Sport Mode, the S still shows up but the gear is always displayed as well. I did this on my 2018 Explorer XLT as well.

It's a simple setting in HPTuners, and I'm sure is the same for SCT or whatever Torrie uses.
Yes, in the Unleashed tune the gear number shows by default in regular and sport mode. The sport mode "S" also behaves the same as stock. @WhiteGhost reports different behavior for the James tune. I don't recall seeing anything in the SCT device itself under tune options to enable/disable this (but I wasn't really looking). Would be interested to know if this is possible if the James tune has it disabled by default. I find it to be very useful information.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

I think it is disabled , I spoke with James on this and said he can probally add it if I desire. I had a run with a older M3 and a 94-95 Mustang the other night I pulled on them so [email protected]#$ing hard and left them behind with his tune yet it very stock like.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 09:58 PM

Garage
Thank me for bugging Torrie for months to get the gear indicator to be permanent. I asked him shortly after getting his first tune a couple years ago. I'm trying to get it done on my new Ranger too.
jdgesmlls and VelocityBrew like this.

STB, hood lift, Cordova TB, Unleashed V7, RSB, jckng rails, Edge antenna, MKZ gauges, VelossaTech Big Mouth, Lncln actv sus, Bambi mode, engine noise delete, 4 quick tap blinker, urethane filled RTM, partial filled diff bushing, CAI w/lid, Levels intercooler, lower grille, oil separator, GFB DV+, Steeda springs, lvl 3 taillights, heated armrest, Mondeo power folding/Dual AutoDim Side Mirrors, Mondeo hatchback wing, SS-TUNING fender flares, Flowmaster 17226 Axle Back, EPP Intk/Chrg Pipes
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

Thanks RCMUSTANG!
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 06:22 AM Thread Starter

Just loaded the 91/93 map from tuning by James the S is in the left screen when in sport mode as usual but with the Rice Krispy tune it is not. Just sent James a log to see how things are running.....man this tune feels different compared to unleashed the transmission preasure is quite a bit stronger. Intrested to see others opinions.

Last edited by WhiteGhost; 08-30-2019 at 06:26 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page