Car And Driver Test Drives The Ford Fusion Sport - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Car And Driver Test Drives The Ford Fusion Sport

A contributor for the Car And Driver, Don Sherman had a chance to test drive the 2017 Ford Fusion Sport and he was impressed.

Ford dropped a 2.7-liter, twin-turbo V-6 EcoBoost engine into the Fusion Sport and it’s able to deliver an impressive 325 ponies and 380 lb-ft of torque. This makes the Fusion the first midsize family sedan to punch through the 300hp ceiling. A six-speed automatic transmission sends power to all four wheels and they’re predicting a 0 to 60 mph sprint time of just 5.3 seconds.

Enough about the specs; how does it drive you may ask?

Step on the throttle and that head-snapping acceleration kicks in. You can both feel and see the torque delivery shift to the rear via a live pictogram displayed in the instrument cluster. That’s the feeling we can expect get and that’s without putting it into Sport mode. Once that S button is pushed, the drive feel dramatically changes in seven ways and you can read all about it here: Ford Fusion V6 Sport Drive Mode Changes Seven Settings.

The standard 235/40R-19 Goodyear all-season tires had adequate grip, nothing to write home about but maybe the optional summer tires will perform better. Its electrically assisted steering is nicely weighted and quick but, it could be a bit faster and provide the driver with more feedback.

What stood out was Ford’s Continuously Controlled Damping system that instantly adjusts itself depending on the road surface, vehicle speed, cornering loads, steering angle, and even severe pavement irregularities like speed bumps or potholes.

Overall, a great vehicle for an MSRP of $34,350 and if you load up the Fusion Sport with navigation, various driver assists, and special paint options, you could be seeing a $40,000 price tag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion Sport News View Post

The standard 235/40R-19 Goodyear all-season tires had adequate grip, nothing to write home about....
I didn't notice this the first time I read car and drivers first Drive but now I see at least two people who took the trip to ****, MI mentioned standard Goodyear all-season tires.

What gives?

Ok so apparently we can't post the word, h e l l

Last edited by Kevin74; 09-01-2016 at 07:34 PM.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 07:54 PM

Car and Driver has offices in Ann Arbor and sadly, SE Michigan isn't exactly known for its "drivers" roads. Still, there is a small area 15 miles northwest of town that has a few excellent roads and two in particular typically don't have much traffic. They happen to be located near "He����", MI. Not really a town but a rural area. These guys (and me) have been testing their cars on these roads for years. Strange that they have the Goodyears.. Mentioned in the previous post I've only seen Contis on them.
mjw64clark likes this.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin74 View Post
I didn't notice this the first time I read car and drivers first Drive but now I see at least two people who took the trip to ****, MI mentioned standard Goodyear all-season tires.

What gives?
What do you mean? Are the factory Goodyears somehow better than factory Contis?
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape View Post
What do you mean? Are the factory Goodyears somehow better than factory Contis?
I honestly don't know if they're better or worse. But to date I haven't heard of or seen a single Sport with Goodyear all-seasons. To my knowledge there is no such thing as "factory" Goodyears as far as the Sport is concerned. So why did the Sports from HeII have them? Enter conspiracy theory here.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 09:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
I honestly don't know if they're better or worse. But to date I haven't heard of or seen a single Sport with Goodyear all-seasons. To my knowledge there is no such thing as "factory" Goodyears as far as the Sport is concerned. So why did the Sports from HeII have them? Enter conspiracy theory here.
Mine have the Goodyear all season F1's , haven't really pushed it that hard, but they seem quiet and do handle the corners well, not really sure if that is a contributor to the AWD or both ?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Mine have the Goodyear all season F1's , haven't really pushed it that hard, but they seem quiet and do handle the corners well, not really sure if that is a contributor to the AWD or both ?
I want some
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Mine are the all seasons.

*shrug*

Current Cars:
2017 Fusion Sport
Lightning blue, Nav, Moonroof, A/C seats 9/27/17
2004 Mystichrome Cobra Coupe
K&N FIPK Gen 2 (ordered $151.95 delivered, installed 5/29/05)
417.7rwhp/384.7rwtq
2004 Mystichrome Cobra Convertible
stock and no numbers right now

Previous Cars:
1979 Honda Accord (used), 1989 Mustang Coupe (new), 1989 Mustang GT Convertible (used), 1989 Mustang GT Coupe (used), 1999 Mustang GT Coupe (new), 2004 Mustang GT Coupe (new), 2001 SLK320 w/BVRC (used)
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK Doom View Post
Mine are the all seasons.

*shrug*
Yeah, that post was from September 2nd. looks like September builds is where the good years went on.
GorgonFusionSport17 and Mag17 like this.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 12:19 AM

Just got my Sport and it came with the Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S tires......have not pushed the tires hard but they seem to ride nice......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page