Car And Driver Test Drives The Ford Fusion Sport - Page 2 - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 05:37 PM
D&D

Garage
Ours is a Sept build date and we have the Goodyear all seasons.

D&D
2017 Ruby Red Canadian Fusion Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 10:24 AM

F1 Goodyear all season tires

I have about 1000 miles on my Sport have the F1 GY AS tires and they are nice except when turn there seems to be a rub noise at decent speeds otherwise I love them. Granted I will be ordering summer tires come said season.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 06:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveE View Post
Mine has the Continentals. They are okay but I would love to upgrade as soon as possible.

Yup.. I want to put some PSS's on mine.

2017 Sport, Shadow black, 401A package, Navi, Moonroof. Mods: 3M Crystalline tint (40/60), 3M carbon fiber wrap over the chrome, Unleashed tune, K&N drop-in. Steeda strut tower brace. Steeda CAI

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 06:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Mine have the Goodyear all season F1's , haven't really pushed it that hard, but they seem quiet and do handle the corners well, not really sure if that is a contributor to the AWD or both ?
My 13 SHO had F1 Supercar's on them from the factory and i just wasn't happy with them. Waiting for the Contis to wear down enough to justify upgrading.

2017 Sport, Shadow black, 401A package, Navi, Moonroof. Mods: 3M Crystalline tint (40/60), 3M carbon fiber wrap over the chrome, Unleashed tune, K&N drop-in. Steeda strut tower brace. Steeda CAI
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletatty View Post
Car and Driver has offices in Ann Arbor and sadly, SE Michigan isn't exactly known for its "drivers" roads. Still, there is a small area 15 miles northwest of town that has a few excellent roads and two in particular typically don't have much traffic. They happen to be located near "He����", MI. Not really a town but a rural area. These guys (and me) have been testing their cars on these roads for years. Strange that they have the Goodyears.. Mentioned in the previous post I've only seen Contis on them.
I'd be interested in meeting up - but haven't been to He11 yet. Been told to go there many times but haven't followed through! haha
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 07:59 PM

Garage
I like the tire but there are some problem on Goodyear for my Fusion Sport, psi kind of unsteady, sometime 36psi when is cold weather and after I drove the car it can rise up to 45psi, I ask the dealer they told me to drop the psi but Goodyear recommend to maintain 42psi.
Is that because of the material Goodyear are using that the psi have a big different when it is cold and hot.
I used to drive a Volvo S60, my psi is always the same or else there will be warning light on my dash board. Then my tire is Continental Extreme Contact all season, very smooth and quite.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 08:32 PM

When I switched to 20's, I put 255/35 Falken Ziexs on, and they've been fairly consistent with psi, at least according to the TPMS sensors and display. They'll fluctuate between 39 psi cold and 42 psi when warm, but all of the tires read the same. Not particularly brand loyal, just wanted some decent tires to mount on the 20s. Car isn't driven in the snow (that's what the Tundra 4wd is for), and if I can help it, not in the rain either. It's a garage queen, so a 3-season tire with more grip than longevity is fine for me.

Robert
2017 Ruby Red, Flowmaster Super 44 resonator, axle-back with dual round Magnaflows, cross-drilled rotors, Unleashed Tuning 93 octane flash, Ultimate Performance FMIC, graphics kit, 20x8.5s with 255/35s, Steeda front STB / rear sway bar, GFB DV+, "chair foot" VTA mod, caliper covers / (traded in on a 2018 F150 XLT FX4 2.7 Ecoboost)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page