Sport Exhaust - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Sport Exhaust

In an attempt prevent hi-Jacking some else's thread I'll just start another one...

So there have been several discussions about our mufflers and exhaust I was looking at some pics posted by another Sport owner (can't get under mine with 3" water in driveway) and am I wrong or does this car have twin down pipes, twin cats into a dual in dual out muffler and finally into a final muffler or what I would call a resonator?

I need to get under there and look at that initial muffler after the cats and get a couple measurements. Has anybody looked at the Dynomax Ultra Flo X-Pipe Muffler or the Flowmaster Super 50 to replace this unit?

2017 Fusion Sport Oxford White, 401A, Driver Assist Pkg, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Hood Strut Kit, Rear Sway bar, CAI Kit, Throttle Body Spacer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 04:13 PM

Garage
My original plan was to use a flowmaster 40 series dual in and dual out in place of the boat anchor, but I purchased the MRT. Im still going to play around with it and first try to add an H where the MRT mounts to the stock exhaust and if Im not satisfied, I'll try the flowmaster.
post #3 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vert View Post
My original plan was to use a flowmaster 40 series dual in and dual out in place of the boat anchor, but I purchased the MRT. Im still going to play around with it and first try to add an H where the MRT mounts to the stock exhaust and if Im not satisfied, I'll try the flowmaster.
I didnt know ya had mrt, ya like it? Why do the h and flowmaster?

post #4 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
In an attempt prevent hi-Jacking some else's thread I'll just start another one...

So there have been several discussions about our mufflers and exhaust I was looking at some pics posted by another Sport owner (can't get under mine with 3" water in driveway) and am I wrong or does this car have twin down pipes, twin cats into a dual in dual out muffler and finally into a final muffler or what I would call a resonator?

I need to get under there and look at that initial muffler after the cats and get a couple measurements. Has anybody looked at the Dynomax Ultra Flo X-Pipe Muffler or the Flowmaster Super 50 to replace this unit?
You are correct. Thats basically what the edge 2.7 magnaflow kit is. 2 dual in dual out mufflers.... i want to do an exhaust reaaaly bad and am tryinf to get my ducks in a row first. And cant find anyone that knows whats inside the front muffler.
post #5 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 05:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by froshy00 View Post
I didnt know ya had mrt, ya like it? Why do the h and flowmaster?
Im gonna try the H to cut out the 1800rpm drone and I hope it gives it a little deeper tone. I doubt it will help with the tone, but its worth a shot and it won't cost much.
I like to experiment and I ran 5 different set ups on my last mustang before I was happy.
post #6 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Been researching and the Dynamax Ultra Flo has an internal X-pipe design.

Ultra Flo? Welded X Mufflers - DynoMax® Performance Exhaust

Not sure what the Flowmaster Series 50 internals look like but I have found over the years that drone is a given with Flowmasters.

Froshy00 I have ducks running in multiple directions (on multiple cars as I was just reminded by my bride) but slowly I will get them all lined up. Current direction for sport is Baseline stock performance, improved air filter/resonator removed straight out with factory tips, test for gains, replace upstream muffler with performance version test for gains, Tune, test data and data log fortune tweak and somewhere in there track time.

I am curious what is in that initial muffler as well. I was looking at the MRT but a buddy told me about a small shop about 30 minutes from me that does great exhaust work. So I plan on getting them to remove the resonator and run pipe to factory tips. Should be about 1/2 the cost of the MRT kit but yield same results.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	landing_ufwx_main.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	10554  

Last edited by Oreo; 04-30-2017 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Add image
post #7 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 08:47 PM

Vert....
My quote thing isnt working.

Good luck! I know whatcha mean. Im really sensitive to what my car sounds like. I dont know if an h pipe will help with either of your goals though
post #8 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 10:08 PM

Garage
I have an H pipe magna-flo resonator with Jones Twin Turbo Tubes and it sounds great...

After getting her up to speed hardly any drone in the cockpit at all, just a low mummer...

2017 Fusion Magnetic 401A, Driver Assist, Nav, Roof
Tinted Windows
LMS Stage3 v5 93 Tune
Tower Brace/Hood Struts by Steeda
Twin Air Intakes by steeda
Magna Flo Resonator/Jones Turbo tube mufflers exhaust system
post #9 of 83 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomS View Post
I have an H pipe magna-flo resonator with Jones Twin Turbo Tubes and it sounds great...

After getting her up to speed hardly any drone in the cockpit at all, just a low mummer...
can you post a video of it? I'm curious to hear how it sounds

'17 Magnetic, Fusion Sport.
401a
Unleashed 93' Tune
BOV
post #10 of 83 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 09:01 AM

Garage
WaterISWet,

Here is a video.

2017 Fusion Magnetic 401A, Driver Assist, Nav, Roof
Tinted Windows
LMS Stage3 v5 93 Tune
Tower Brace/Hood Struts by Steeda
Twin Air Intakes by steeda
Magna Flo Resonator/Jones Turbo tube mufflers exhaust system

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page