Tracy Lewis Oil Catch Can - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Tracy Lewis Oil Catch Can

I've had my FFS a little over 3 weeks now, and one of the first things I did was get my Tracy Lewis catch can installed. I needed an oil cap adapter because the kit came with a full size oil cap, so I only had the dirty side hooked up for the first two weeks. The last pic is what the can caught during the two weeks with only the dirty side hooked up. During that time I drove maybe 300-400 miles, so it's catching quite a lot. I think long term would see quite a build up with all that going back into the engine without the can.
The can is driained via a hose that runs under the car. It's not an inexpensive setup, especially with the install but it already seems to be doing a good job.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3780.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	7994   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3778.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	8002   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3779.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	234.7 KB
ID:	8010   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3777.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	8018  
Flew likes this.

Magnetic
XPEL PPF
Tracy Lewis Oil Catch Can
AFE Dry Filter
Steeda RSB, FSB, Hood Struts(coming soon)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 04:42 PM

Excellent info.

I beleive I will follow suit.
Thank you.

2017 Fusion Sport, Shadow Black, Fully Optioned, 3M, DOB 22 Aug 16, Chartered member of DBC. Traded in with the dealer after sitting 168 days at the dealership for the unresolved dead battery issue.

2017 Fusion Sport, DOB 05 May 17, Shadow Black, Fully Optioned, 3M. cargo net, illuminated door sill plates. Steeda STB/RSB, hood struts, hood release, AFE dry filter, hinge/striker covers(lol)headlight Expel. LED rear bumper marker lights
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 06:00 PM
Banned

I like, but ****..draining under the car...****..gets annoying going under there. Those easier for me due to having more space between the edge and ground.

got a link to the catch can?

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

It's not my preferred location but it's right near the oil plug. The tech that installed it said he has had people tell the place changing the oil to empty the can during the change. If I decide to change it myself I'll already be under there.

http://teamrxp.com/t/new-tracy-lewis-cans
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 07:54 PM

Garage
You could always extend the hose and relocate it to the front of the car. That's how I had my mustang set up.
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 08:50 PM
D&D

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekaus View Post
I've had my FFS a little over 3 weeks now, and one of the first things I did was get my Tracy Lewis catch can installed. I needed an oil cap adapter because the kit came with a full size oil cap, so I only had the dirty side hooked up for the first two weeks. The last pic is what the can caught during the two weeks with only the dirty side hooked up. During that time I drove maybe 300-400 miles, so it's catching quite a lot. I think long term would see quite a build up with all that going back into the engine without the can.
The can is driained via a hose that runs under the car. It's not an inexpensive setup, especially with the install but it already seems to be doing a good job.
I like the Blue engine cover. Did you get it done or do it yourself?
Airwelldone likes this.

D&D
2017 Ruby Red Canadian Fusion Sport
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 09:00 PM

Without getting deep into the legal battle. Can someone explain the rxp vs Tracy Lewis thing? Cause there's also here, which seems like Tracy Lewis's actual site. Tracy Lewis Monster Dual Valve Catch Can Kit - Tracy Lewis Performance

'17 Ford Fusion Sport in Lightning Blue
401A, Adaptive Cruise, Drivers Assist
Poorly installed Steeda CAI, WeatherTech Mats, EcoBeast
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellingdog View Post
Without getting deep into the legal battle. Can someone explain the rxp vs Tracy Lewis thing? Cause there's also here, which seems like Tracy Lewis's actual site. Tracy Lewis Monster Dual Valve Catch Can Kit - Tracy Lewis Performance
According to Mcnally, Tracy was an employee that stole the design when he left.

Edit: Tracy is a forum member here and has been very forthcoming and helpful. He has since clarified the issue for us and it looks more like McNally was the one doing the shady business. I'm more inclined to believe Tracy after looking into it a bit further and seeing what both sides have to say.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(stock w/ AFE Pro 5R drop in filter)
Muffler delete
AJP Turbo tune (ecoboostperformanceforums member)
So much more to come.

Last edited by BOT_ROCKET; 05-31-2017 at 12:09 AM.
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOT_ROCKET View Post
According to Mcnally, Tracy was an employee that stole the design when he left.
And they continue to name it after him because of name recognition? How'd it get his name in the first place? Nevermind. Thanks.

'17 Ford Fusion Sport in Lightning Blue
401A, Adaptive Cruise, Drivers Assist
Poorly installed Steeda CAI, WeatherTech Mats, EcoBeast
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 04:55 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
From McNally

"We are NOT associated with Tracy Lewis, Team RXP, RXP Canada or Ski Motor Sports, LLC.

In 2015 McNally purchased RX Extreme and RX Performance Products. Tracy Lewis was an employee of this company and with a team of McNally Engineers developed the RX Oil Catch Can that is on the market today and manufactured by McNally. When Tracy Lewis left this company all intellectual property was legally granted/sold/bought by to McNally Electronics, Inc.

This includes:
RX Catch Can
Catch Can
Single valve Catch Can
Dual Valve Catch Can
Catch Can
RX Clean Side Separator
RX Super Charger
RX Super Chiller

Unfortunately, Tracy Lewis proceeded to use mentioned intellectual property without the consent or authorization of McNally Electronics, Inc., Aviation Instrument Technologies, Inc., Extreme Auto Products or any other Companies associated with McNally Electronics, Inc."

I found that quote from McNally on another forum. Don't shoot the messenger.

Edit for clarification: After getting Tracy's side of the story, it seems Tracy was conned out of the design by McNally, and McNally started to copy it with cheap, low quality materials. I can't personally confirm since I don't have either unit, but I'm more inclined to believe Tracy due to the fact that Tracy has been in the forum and has been very forthcoming and helpful.

(stock w/ AFE Pro 5R drop in filter)
Muffler delete
AJP Turbo tune (ecoboostperformanceforums member)
So much more to come.

Last edited by BOT_ROCKET; 05-31-2017 at 12:21 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page