SE Michigan Tuner question. - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

SE Michigan Tuner question.

I have had my Fusion Sport for 2 months now and Im ready for a tuner. I live in SE MI (Ann Arbor) and anyone else who lives in the area what tunes are you running? Thought about Livernois or SSi but unsure. Also anyone that would like to meet up at Milan Dragway pm me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 02:14 PM

Id go with Unleashed and an SCT tune. LMS tunes are pretty expensive and all you get is the tune. With an SCT Tuner you also get a full diagnostic tool that can read sensors, clear codes and even upload your own tunes if desired.
Kevin74 and MattQ like this.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson View Post
Id go with Unleashed and an SCT tune. LMS tunes are pretty expensive and all you get is the tune. With an SCT Tuner you also get a full diagnostic tool that can read sensors, clear codes and even upload your own tunes if desired.
What tuner do you have Jayson? Money is no option I just dont want to be buying different tunes. I want to do it right the first time.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETROIT View Post
What tuner do you have Jayson? Money is no option I just dont want to be buying different tunes. I want to do it right the first time.
I actually just bought an Unleashed Tune with the SCT tuner, but its not installed yet because my car is currently at the dealership.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

How much power will the unleashed tune give you? Could you tell a big difference? I would like to run low 13's or high 12's but not sure what its going to take to get there.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 02:38 PM

Quote:
How much power will the unleashed tune give you? Could you tell a big difference? I would like to run low 13's or high 12's but not sure what its going to take to get there.
Id say you missed the part in my last comment where I said its not installed yet. There really isnt going to be a noticeable performance difference between LMS, Unleashed or any other tuning company. The big difference is going to be the support you get from the company and tools they give you.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Im sorry I did miss that part. I went to the dragway 2 weeks ago on a test and tune wednesday night in 79 degree air and ran a 13.51@101.23. Considering im 6'4 255lbs I thought that was pretty good.
MattQ likes this.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Im sorry I did miss that part. I went to the dragway 2 weeks ago on a test and tune wednesday night in 79 degree air and ran a 13.51@101.23. Considering im 6'4 255lbs I thought that was pretty good.
Lots of insight on this forum.
There are guys here that have dipped in to the 12.6s with a tune only.
Albeit with much cooler temps.

The tuner wars have been ongoing for some time.
Luckily, not too much so far on this forum.
You need to decide how involved in the process you want to be.
Data logging point to one camp and plug and play only.. to the other.
Either way, you will be waking up a sleeping "sleeper"
Welcome to the club!

2017 Fusion Sport, Shadow Black, Fully Optioned, 3M, DOB 22 Aug 16, Chartered member of DBC. Traded in with the dealer after sitting 168 days at the dealership for the unresolved dead battery issue.

2017 Fusion Sport, DOB 05 May 17, Shadow Black, Fully Optioned, 3M. cargo net, illuminated door sill plates. Steeda STB/RSB, hood struts, hood release, AFE dry filter, hinge/striker covers(lol)headlight Expel. LED rear bumper marker lights
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 04:26 PM

Garage
Clinton Township here. I'm going with the Unleashed tune. It's comparable to LMS tune. But what I like better is the price and what jayson said. Plus Torrie from Unleashed is very responsive with revisions via datalogging.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 04:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
I have had my Fusion Sport for 2 months now and Im ready for a tuner. I live in SE MI (Ann Arbor) and anyone else who lives in the area what tunes are you running? Thought about Livernois or SSi but unsure. Also anyone that would like to meet up at Milan Dragway pm me.
I'm down to meet up sometime.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page