Torque Solutions Throttle Body Question - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By adrianr514

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Torque Solutions Throttle Body Question

Ok so I purchased a Torque Solutions Throttle Body for the convenience of having a easy way to attach vacuum/boost line for Dyno runs. So I finally get a chance put the barbed ports on it and put it on the car and I seem to have run into a snag. The two threaded ports are 1/8 NPT but are counter sunk into the throttle body. The throttle body has a .453" diameter hole and the 1/8 NPT threads are at the bottom. Am I missing something as I have two different barbed ports and can't use either as one thread into the .453 hole preventing tightening and the other has a large nut but bottoms out on the outer edge of the throttle body before it tightens. So what am I missing here?

2017 Fusion Sport Oxford White, 401A, Driver Assist Pkg, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Hood Strut Kit, Rear Sway bar, CAI Kit, Throttle Body Spacer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 08:20 PM

Garage
Do you have enough threads to get a seal with teflon tape or rtv before it bottoms out. If not, maybe you can find a fitting with longer threads or get an extension.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-05-27-19-55-59.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	11682  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
It's like they thought about doing AN fittings but got the design backwards. Really weird. Just set a plug and vacuum fitting with pipe joint compound. Going to let it set for a day and see if it holds. If it does I'll install and test.

2017 Fusion Sport Oxford White, 401A, Driver Assist Pkg, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Hood Strut Kit, Rear Sway bar, CAI Kit, Throttle Body Spacer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 08:00 PM

Garage
So it's threading in and stops before getting tight and no seal? Able to use a washer? If it's the way I think it is ?

White Platinum | 93 Octane Unleashed tune | 401 A package | Ceramic Window Tint | LED's | Nav | Moonroof | Cooled Seats
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmckee40 View Post
So it's threading in and stops before getting tight and no seal? Able to use a washer? If it's the way I think it is ?
Well I have two NPT threaded bards one only gets a thread or 2 then the nut bottoms out on the outside of the throttle body the other NPT threaded bard's nut is smaller but threads into the hole by hand and can not be tightened but finger tight by the barb itself.

I have installed a port plug and a threaded barb using thread seal compound and it appears to be functional but it just bugs the carp out of me how it is designed.

I ordered a Steeda Throttle body and will port and tap it myself.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 06:33 PM

Look at the C&L ported throttle body spacer part# 389871 I'm running that on mine in hopes to be able to find time to install my WMI kit. It has two ports that are easily accessible .

But for boost reference this is what I'm using for my BOV and will be using the third port for the WMI controller
BRA - Ford 2.3/2.7 EcoBoost - Black
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianr514 View Post
Look at the C&L ported throttle body spacer part# 389871 I'm running that on mine in hopes to be able to find time to install my WMI kit. It has two ports that are easily accessible .

But for boost reference this is what I'm using for my BOV and will be using the third port for the WMI controller
BRA - Ford 2.3/2.7 EcoBoost - Black
How hard was the install on the BRA?

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
How hard was the install on the BRA?
Not that hard. It. Is a tight fit so I used a small rubber mallet to seat it properly then used the retaining clip that was honestly the hardest part. Everything else was straight forward. Reads like a charm..
Oreo likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page