Steeda? - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
JRG

Garage
Steeda?

Bring me up to speed on the Steeda situation. I don't see many people utter that name around here. My 07 Fusion is full of Steeda parts. I don't have any issues with any of the parts I bought from them and they been installed for years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 04:06 PM

Garage
One guy on here had an issue with their lowering springs but was later resolved. But they don't really make much other than cosmetic parts or a sway bar that you won't noticeably see a difference with unless you track your car often. The vast majority of us are looking for products that noticeably improve how the car performs. Nothing wrong with Steeda it's just that they don't really offer much for us so that's probably why you don't see their name brought up often.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 06:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattQ View Post
One guy on here had an issue with their lowering springs but was later resolved. But they don't really make much other than cosmetic parts or a sway bar that you won't noticeably see a difference with unless you track your car often. The vast majority of us are looking for products that noticeably improve how the car performs. Nothing wrong with Steeda it's just that they don't really offer much for us so that's probably why you don't see their name brought up often.
The issue was resolved by Dave taking a hammer to his inner fender, not by anything steeda did for him. They were pretty crappy towards him all in all. That on top of the shoddy CAI people got at first kind of left a bad taste around here I think.
ike, Donjohnk, TomS and 1 others like this.

Oxford white, 401A, ACC, DA, Heated/Cooled seats, Nav
Unleashed 91 Tune, Boomba BOV adapter, Forscan mods
5Hundred Designs painted emblems (Oxford white/Matte Black)
Steeda strut tower brace
20% Ceramic tint

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 07:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by G82FS View Post
The issue was resolved by Dave taking a hammer to his inner fender, not by anything steeda did for him. They were pretty crappy towards him all in all. That on top of the shoddy CAI people got at first kind of left a bad taste around here I think.
I think that entire situation is why dave is no longer around. The guy bought all there parts offered for our car and they treated this situation poorly. I have choosen to wait for other manufacturers to release more parts since that issue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Stock/gloss black roof-5HUNDRED designs emblems
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 07:29 PM

Garage
The Sport is not a big markets for them, therefore I feel they aren't willing to jump through hops for us. If I ever get back into a Sport I would more than likely install the steeda CAI, but no way on the springs.
I think the issue with Steeda helped push Dave off of the forum and G8 is right, they gave him piss poor CS and treated him bad.
Id much rather see Dave back on here over steeda.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 12:13 AM
Banned

Steala is more like it, they are notorious for taking the lil' guys concepts and charging slightly cheaper than the lil guy (boomba bov adapter as an example). I'd rather support the lil' guy instead of someone like that. Plus I already knew the CS was horrible from prior experience.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 01:25 AM

I have the springs and they where an easy install, been over a month and I have no issues, ride is great, communication was superb, customer service was top notch.

I personally think it was probably an install issue, as they need to be "clocked" correctly. I have the hood struts and the rear sway bar as well and am 100% satisfied. I have not seen or heard of any other issue with any springs on this forum or any other for that matter.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 07:14 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by G82FS View Post

I see... I did not know that. As far as the CAI the first time I saw that I knew it was a half a**ed product more for looks than function.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 07:25 AM

Garage
Hey I could be wrong. I've had bad luck with intakes in the past on other vehicles. So I am a little hesitant with the steeda one. Has anyone gone through and done a little research with one?
Oreo likes this.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 07:31 AM

Garage
I quickly skimmed through a few different threads and it seems people are satisfied with the intake. I'm genuinely surprised. Therefore I take back what I said on page one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page