2018 Buick Regal GS - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
2018 Buick Regal GS

While it likely won't be as fast or as sporty as the FFS, the '18 Regal GS is supposed to have approximately 300hp/300 ft lb torque from it's 2.0L turbo engine. One plus is, the Regal has been extraordinarily reliable. Along with that, its AWD is supposed to be the same as the Focus RS, a torque vectoring system made by the same manufacturer that made the system for the RS. While I'm still waiting for my airbag recall to be taken care of, still haven't heard a peep from Ford, I'm going to explore all options.
Rice likes this.

I've loved cars since I was 5 years old. I would walk through parking lots when I was 12 years old and say "That's a Dodge Charger, it has a 383 engine"

'10 Ford Mustang GT
'14 GMC Acadia Denali
'05 Subaru Legacy GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 12:37 PM

Garage
all for exploring different avenues =) however is Buick serious with that front end lol?

2017 Lightning Blue Fusion Sport - Livernois 93 Octane Tune
401A, Moonroof, All Weather Floor Mats, Boomba BOV Adapter, aFe Filter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 12:43 PM

I think at a certain point you have to abide by criteria that will result in a good purchase despite your feelings about facia or performance those are really good numbers for a reliable comfortable vehicle that could possibly be fun also... I would take a Ford fusion sport any day the week over most anything except for cars 20,000 dollars more than the sport then I would start using different options within the same class but again it's not in the same class if it's over $20,000 more in the car you're talking about so either way I think that that's a fun idea and I'm actually interested in looking that vehicle up
Mike E likes this.

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage

You think it's that bad? I think it looks fine, haven't seen it in person though

I've loved cars since I was 5 years old. I would walk through parking lots when I was 12 years old and say "That's a Dodge Charger, it has a 383 engine"

'10 Ford Mustang GT
'14 GMC Acadia Denali
'05 Subaru Legacy GT
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 12:48 PM

Garage
much better! it must be the GS or the 2017 model that has the horrible front end lol?

Mike E and Cobra427 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 01:05 PM

I think the redesign looks beautiful, and considering I was very tempted by a regal when I bought the fusion, I would seriously consider this car, especially with the hp/tq bump. If I were making my purchase at the end of this year rather than last, I would have a very hard time, despite being a ford guy.
Mike E and Rice like this.

Bone Stock. Lightning Blue, 401a, Cooled seats. Motegi Racing MR107 wheels, 20"
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Rice

I gotcha man, those vertical "fangs" in the front fascia are eyesores for sure. Maybe the Regal designer is a closet Dracula fan. lol
Rice likes this.

'10 Ford Mustang GT
'14 GMC Acadia Denali
'05 Subaru Legacy GT
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 01:15 PM

I actually test drove one of the 2.0 turbo AWD buicks before getting my Fusion. At the time, the one i tested was only 265HP and it honestly felt slow. The turbo had some major lag, the engine really didnt wake up until around 5K rpms. I feel the way they got another 35HP out of the engine was by putting an even bigger turbo on it, which means even more turbo lag and combined with it already being a pretty heavy car, its not sporty at all. However I will say that the 2.0 Ecotec motor is a very solid engine with tons of potential. If they put that motor in something like a Cruze with AWD and a manual id jump on that in a heart beat.
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 01:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Rice

I gotcha man, those vertical "fangs" in the front fascia are eyesores for sure. Maybe the Regal designer is a closet Dracula fan. lol
the one you posted looks sooooo goooood
Mike E likes this.

post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 03:06 PM

Garage
I didn't get the gs when I was looking for a new car because I wasn't paying over 40k for a car that had 280hp lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page