Kia Stinger GT - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 154 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Kia Stinger GT

StingerForums.com - The Largest Kia Stinger Forum And Community!

With all of the issues popping up with the Sport I have held off on purchasing and kept my eyes on upcoming models from other manufacturers. This one has been talked about a lot and details were finally revealed...

New 2018 Kia Stinger RWD Sports Sedan Is Going After BMW 4-Series GC [59 Pics]

If the price is right, could be a very good alternative but I am guessing it will end up being a lot more.

Oxford white, 401A, ACC, DA, Heated/Cooled seats, Nav
Unleashed 91 Tune, Boomba BOV adapter, Forscan mods
5Hundred Designs painted emblems (Oxford white/Matte Black)
Steeda strut tower brace
20% Ceramic tint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 154 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 11:43 AM

It will certainly be interesting to see where it ends up. A few years ago before they dropped the power in the optima I was looking at picking up one of them, but they starting taking power out of it. This could be there next car with some pep to it, but I am guessing it will be at least around the same price as the Sport, maybe even more.
post #3 of 154 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 11:46 AM

Being RWD only, it's not really competition for the FS. It's more competing with the likes of Acura and BMW. Really, in AWD the only "sports sedans" that are out there at any kind of achievable price, are BMW, Audi, Porsche (yeah, that's a stretch for achievable), Jaguar and Mercedes (oh, and maybe you can spec one of the Acura F types). But the Lincoln and especially the Ford are just in a different world for price!

If you want the best deal for a RWD, high performance sedan and you don't need a lot of electronic nannies, buy a GTO (or an SS)! Performance wise it'll bury the Kia and it'll cost you less than $25k depending on miles and mods.

post #4 of 154 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbob1 View Post
Being RWD only, it's not really competition for the FS. It's more competing with the likes of Acura and BMW. Really, in AWD the only "sports sedans" that are out there at any kind of achievable price, are BMW, Audi, Porsche (yeah, that's a stretch for achievable), Jaguar and Mercedes (oh, and maybe you can spec one of the Acura F types). But the Lincoln and especially the Ford are just in a different world for price!

If you want the best deal for a RWD, high performance sedan and you don't need a lot of electronic nannies, buy a GTO (or an SS)! Performance wise it'll bury the Kia and it'll cost you less than $25k depending on miles and mods.
It says in the article optional AWD.
post #5 of 154 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Birdie View Post
It says in the article optional AWD.
It'll be interesting to see if they offer the big engine with AWD. Also interesting that, even with the lighter RWD they're suggesting the 0-60 time will be about the same as the official FS time. I can understand the concern about the FS given the echo chamber here, but if they're selling 5% of the Fusions as FS's they must have delivered several 10s of thousands, and only a small minority are having problems. The number of Mazdaspeed6's that experienced software failures approached 100% by the first year so it's not nearly the worry one might think from the threads here about batteries. When I found mine for a really good price used, I jumped and I've been really happy so far. Although I haven't decided if I'll keep the GTO as a canyon bomber/track day car...
post #6 of 154 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:

Both models, 2.0 and 3.3, have the 8 speed and optional AWD so unless the price is far more, it should slot right in with the Sport.

I already have one of the first 888 Pontiac G8's parked and covered in my garage if I ever want to go really fast in a straight line. Those cars are great and I will probably never give it up but as far as comfort and convenience, it has nothing to offer.

Oxford white, 401A, ACC, DA, Heated/Cooled seats, Nav
Unleashed 91 Tune, Boomba BOV adapter, Forscan mods
5Hundred Designs painted emblems (Oxford white/Matte Black)
Steeda strut tower brace
20% Ceramic tint
post #7 of 154 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 12:46 PM

I'll believe when I see it. They have been talking about stuffing the V8 under the hood of the Genesis Coupe for the longest time and nothing ever materialized.
If you want a fast RWD sedan and not break the bank, get a SS or Charger SRT

Livernois Tuner, Conti Extreme DW's, Stillen Roof Spoiler, Rockford Fosgate Sub
post #8 of 154 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G82FS View Post
With all of the issues popping up with the Sport I have held off on purchasing and kept my eyes on upcoming models from other manufacturers. This one has been talked about a lot and details were finally revealed...

New 2018 Kia Stinger RWD Sports Sedan Is Going After BMW 4-Series GC [59 Pics]

If the price is right, could be a very good alternative but I am guessing it will end up being a lot more.
I'm all for more competition for the FS. I agree that the higher performance version will probably come in above the FS in price, but who knows.

I will echo the sentiments above regarding how many actual problems there are with the Fusion Sport. Not to belittle the problems people are having, but these type of boards always give the impression that the car in question has a huge number of problems. You can Google search something like "Lexus electrical issues" and find endless reports of major electrical failures that give the impression that Lexuses are poorly made, which of course is completely false. Nobody bothers to post when they complete another trouble free week in their Fusion Sport, although that's an idea for a new thread...
1153 and lightningken like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 154 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 03:27 PM

Size-wise they are very similar:

FuSport: 192″ L x 73″ W x 58″ H

Stinger: 190.2″ L x 73.6″ W x 55.1″ H

The height disparity is likely because of that "coupe-like sedan" thing every Lux manufacturer seems to be doing (and Kia is copying).

One of the bigger differences is the wheelbase:

FuSport: 112.2”

Stinger: 114.4”

The Stinger will likely have more legroom and maybe a bigger trunk with a smaller OAL.

At Detroit, the Kia brass are quoted as stating that the weight "will be competitive".

Quote:
It'll be interesting to see if they offer the big engine with AWD.
One of the claimed "production ready" red cars that is currently being shown at the NAIAS has the 3.3T engine and AWD.

Quote:
Also interesting that, even with the lighter RWD they're suggesting the 0-60 time will be about the same as the official FS time.
Kia's quoted time is actually to 62 miles per hour. The 0-60 time will likely be a few tenths faster. The weight of the AWD system may bump it back to the same time it took the RWD model to reach 62, who knows.......

This comparison is probably for naught as Kia appears to be targeting the German lux manufactures with this offering. So they will be trying to undercut them (which puts it out of FuSport territory) . The 2017 Kia Cadenza (which Kia claims this model slots above) tops out at $44,390 fully loaded.

Last edited by Bamm1; 01-09-2017 at 03:31 PM.
post #10 of 154 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamm1 View Post
Kia's quoted time is actually to 62 miles per hour. The 0-60 time will likely be a few tenths faster.
I like a lot of what you are saying except this. 2 mph is not going to be a few tenths of a difference. Maybe a few hundredths, but not tenths. So the Kia's 0-60 time is probably like 5.18 instead of 5.2 or something like that.
1153, Bmckee40 and lightningken like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page