Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

Question on 400A factory stereo

7K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Walleballr 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Does anyone know if the basic 400A stereo has an amplifier in the trunk or is all the amplification in the head? I would like to put a sub-woofer in the trunk but there are no rear deck speakers to tap into. Looks like the 401A Sony system has the amp in the trunk and rear deck speakers.

Thanks,

Doc

#5 ·
The basic 400A stereo has all amplification in the head unit from what I have been able to find out. Installing a sub would require splicing into the speaker output wires behind the head or potentially into the door speakers which would be a royal PIA IMO.

I was thinking of installing an underseat amplified subwoofer or possibly a trunk mounted one but since mine is a lease vehicle I am not sure it is worth it. Still pondering.

Doc

#6 ·
The 400A stereo does not have a seperate amp. I tapped into the front and rear speaker wires behind the headunit and ran it to a LOC. From the LOC i went to a 5 channel amp. I ran all new wire from the amp to the door speakers and installed a 10" sub in the trunk. Also had to disconnect the noice cancel mics in the headliner. Alot of work but sounds amazing.

#7 ·
#9 ·
Tbh i didnt notice much of a difference, but i also like my music loud. I use the music to cancel out road noise. Some say they didnt have to do anything with the noise canceling. With my install i got a constant rumble from the subwoofer even with volume at 0. After disconnecting the 3 mics in the headliner the constant rumble stopped.

#11 ·
I’m looking for a parrot Bluetooth adapter for the 400a radio to tap into the speakers like I did in my focus st. I’m getting the fusion in about 14 days and still have to pull the amp sub and audio control line out converter. They are like 30 bucks but it’s plug and play after you connect a couple 9 wire cables to go back and forth to the trunk. Sell the car take the most expensive part of the system and the radio still works afterwards. Didn’t save the stock speakers but may flip for a couple cheap pairs so I can pull my infinity kappas too. Priced them and they are like 239 a pair now. Not like I’m gonna get an extra 2k for my trade lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.