Automatic window issue.. In the car wash 😑 - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thumbs down Automatic window issue.. In the car wash 😑

This just happened: I returned to town from a weekend ski trip in MN. I filled up with gas and purchased a car wash. As I'm entering the wash, I pull up the window switches to make sure all windows are nicely sealed. As the car wash starts, the front passengers side window goes down. Thinking "WTF," I roll the window up and it bounces back from the top and it goes down to about 3/4 open. I hit the switch again, same result. Here comes the spray foam! Window still doesn't stay up and I catch a face full of cash wash. Now I'm fu*king livid. Prewash foam all over the interior.

The cash wash has automatic doors at the entry and exit. No escape! After the second blast of foam inside the car I throw it in drive and pull as far ahead as possible. The sprayer arm is luckily covered with a protective foam as it bumped the rear corner of the car. The car wash must have went into safety mode and shut down, door opens and I drive out.

Forgetting its Sunday, I blasted across town straight to the dealership mad as can be. The window still won't stay up. Luckily I don't have to drive anywhere and I have a garage to park in.

Ford is going to give me a full detail, and/or replace the interior components if there are any stains. 1,500 miles and this is the first **** time the windows have been down. Extremely pissed off!

Last edited by cyclone87; 01-01-2017 at 02:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 09:08 PM

I have the same issue but my automatic option does not work I have to hold the button to get the window to close.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by J2fast4u750 View Post
I have the same issue but my automatic option does not work I have to hold the button to get the window to close.
Yeah, I figured holding up would stop the window from coming down but that didn't work. I got the window to reset after reading online about it. I'll be chatting with Ford tomorrow.

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 09:37 PM

I swear this car was programmed by a 12 year old.
GorgonFusionSport17 and Pops like this.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson View Post
I swear thiscar was programmed by a 12 year old.
You are probably pretty close! A Mexican 12 year old.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 07:36 AM

Garage
I have had the relays and motors replace. And with the newest repair they dented the interior molding by the window! Now waiting on that. The only way to close the window is to go up a little at a time without activating the auto up to get super close too window closed. Such a pain. But has been good since last repair. But had it in 2 or 3 times just for the windows. Sucks cuz I have had some issues and still love the car.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 07:50 AM

I could not find a car wash open yesterday and was pissed, after reading your post maybe that was a good thing, especially considering what happened to my car when I got back.

I was cleaning out the garage and suddenly all four windows are down. I can't get the windows back up without turning the car on. The key was in my pocket and the unlock button must have been held down without my knowledge, which apparently makes all the windows and moon roof open. So I went in to settings on the left screen, window settings, and then turned off this feature.

Since yours was only one window, I don't think it was because you did anything wrong with the key FOB, but possibly turning off this setting might help keep it from happening again in case that's where the bad software lies.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 10:58 AM

Garage
Sounds like you accidentally activated the initialization sequence when you checked to see if the windows were all up.. Just do this quick procedure to reset it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14833726493361912087807.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	506.4 KB
ID:	5705  

Unleashed Tuned: 91 Octane V5
K&N Filter
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 06:02 PM

The same exact thing happened to my driver side window a few weeks ago, not even 5000 miles on the car. Super frustrating.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 06:45 AM

My wife went to her car this morning and discovered my passenger window about 1/3 of the way down. It rained yesterday and I didn't open my windows or roof all day. I came home and locked the car as usual, hung my keys on a hook, nothing abnormal.

Has this issue been identified by Ford?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page