Velossa Tech Big Mouth Ram Air - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

Velossa Tech Big Mouth Ram Air

I've been over on 2G forums and have been following the thread on the Velossa Big Mouth Ram Air intake.
Here's the finished product.
2013-2016 Ford Fusion BIG MOUTH Ram Air Intake System | Velossa Tech Design
They just started shipping for the 2013-2016 Fusions, apparently the 2017 Sports have a brace that is in the middle of the grill that prevents the intake from being used.
Any interest on bugging them to change the design to fit a Sport?
I really like the thought of keeping the stock airbox and adding this piece for a more ram air effect.
According to the thread they are in Hollywood, Florida.
They would most likely need a Sport to test fit.
I removed the cover that's on top of the core support to see if there were any surprises, I see none. See pics attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Intake 1.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	10410   Click image for larger version

Name:	Intake 2.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	10418  
TomS likes this.

Last edited by La Flama Blanca; 04-26-2017 at 05:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 06:53 AM

Garage
I've been following that thread as well. It looks pretty cool, but I'm not sold on the benefits, especially at $200 plus. For me, personally, there's a lot of other areas that offer better bang for the buck at this point. However, if someone does fit it to the sport, I would be interested in seeing data about IATs before and after.

2017 Fusion Sport in lightning blue
401A, moonroof, cooled seats, navigation, and driver assist

3M Color Stable 35 tint
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

So after reading the last few pages, it appears a Sport owner has purchased one and will report back the fitment when he receives it.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 10:36 AM

Garage
i would def be interested in seeing more info on this for our cars

2017 Lightning Blue Fusion Sport - Livernois 93 Octane Tune
401A, Moonroof, All Weather Floor Mats, Boomba BOV Adapter, aFe Filter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 11:33 AM

Garage
That air path way sure is thin and twisted... "Ram Air" is more of a marketing term now a days as most mods are more fresh air then an actual "Ram Air" system.

2017 Fusion Sport Oxford White, 401A, Driver Assist Pkg, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Hood Strut Kit, Rear Sway bar, CAI Kit, Throttle Body Spacer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 12:02 PM

Garage
Also if it would benefit anything I think it would be the factory air box as it would be a sealed path from the nose to the filter unlike the CAI from Steeda that is more open and less contained. Also our grills are flush with the nose and the support bar on the back doesn't appear that it would interfere with the snorkel as the offset would make up the difference. IMHO

How much more ram air can you get than a Twin Turbo?

Sorry cold meds are kicking in...

2017 Fusion Sport Oxford White, 401A, Driver Assist Pkg, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Hood Strut Kit, Rear Sway bar, CAI Kit, Throttle Body Spacer

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 12:46 PM

I'm waiting for shipping confirmation. It is known that the bracing for us will have to be removed. I purchased it so the air box has an outside source of air to pull from and not the cave that the radiator sits in. As soon as you sit in traffic the inlet temps climb very quick. I'll monitor the temps after install but I'm sure they'll stay lower.
Flew, Rice and MattQ like this.

2017 Fusion Sport Lightning Blue
K&N, Custom axle back, Cordova TB, Unleashed tune V3, Steeda Rear Sway Bar.

1989 Mustang Conv 436 CID, Viper T-56, 4.30 gears, etc....

1995 Ranger XLT 4X4, 4.0 BBK Instacharger, etc.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 10:57 PM
ike

Are the IAT's that we can read with OBDII in the airbox? Or post intercooler? Any idea?

I still don't really get the idea of any type of CAI for a turbo car, let alone a twin turbo car. No matter how "fresh" or close to ambient air temp you get, that air will quickly be shot through 2 glowing turbos. I feel like an intercooler would provide much more benefit.

I'm no engineer, though.

| 2017 White Platinum Sport | 401a | 3M Clear Bra | Steeda Strut Tower Brace | Matte Black Vinyl Grille & Window Trim |

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 06:29 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Are the IAT's that we can read with OBDII in the airbox? Or post intercooler? Any idea?

I still don't really get the idea of any type of CAI for a turbo car, let alone a twin turbo car. No matter how "fresh" or close to ambient air temp you get, that air will quickly be shot through 2 glowing turbos. I feel like an intercooler would provide much more benefit.

I'm no engineer, though.
You should read IAT which is the air temp coming from the filter and IAT 2 is the air temp after the IC. I know my NGauge reads both, but Im not sure if the OBDll will read both. Guess it all depends if its set up with that parameter.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 10:53 PM
ike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vert View Post
You should read IAT which is the air temp coming from the filter and IAT 2 is the air temp after the IC. I know my NGauge reads both, but Im not sure if the OBDll will read both. Guess it all depends if its set up with that parameter.
I'll have to look around for it in Forscan or OBDLink.

| 2017 White Platinum Sport | 401a | 3M Clear Bra | Steeda Strut Tower Brace | Matte Black Vinyl Grille & Window Trim |

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page