Gauging Interest: CP-e Exhaust system - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Gauging Interest: CP-e Exhaust system

Hey guys,

I am currently working with CP-e on developing parts for the FFS. They are currently working on an intercooler. I was discussing with them the lack of available exhaust kits for the car. They said they would be interested in making one if there is enough interest. Who would be interested in doing a group buy for either a cat back exhaust setup or turbo back exhaust setup and what would you be willing to pay for it? If enough people are interested I will present a group buy idea to them and see if we can start working on it.

Thanks,

Karl
Donjohnk, mantra1 and Oreo like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 12:46 PM

I would be interested, but that really depends on the end product. I'm not a fan of whats currently available, sound wise... and I think a huge part of that is the low displacement of the engine. If they can solve that problem, I'm absolutely willing to check it out.

The FuSport, IMO, should have an exhaust note similar to that of an AMG benz or something. Aggressive but not obnoxious

edit: I am totally down for some new down-pipes though!
MattQ likes this.

'17 Magnetic, Fusion Sport.
401a
Unleashed 93' Tune
BOV
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 12:59 PM

Garage
Several are waiting for a better sounding exhaust along with DP's. I would be interested in turbo back exhaust, but I would want to know price and what gains are made before I commit.
Oreo and MattQ like this.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 01:07 PM

Garage
Turbo-back, including high-flow cats to meet emissions, with near-zero drone and a good exhaust note would be worth $1500-2000 if done right.
Oreo likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 05:31 PM

Garage
I would really like a cat back system at this time but don't want to continue to wait. I have had my sport almost 1 year now and parts get released at a snails pace.

White Platinum | 93 Octane Unleashed tune | 401 A package | Ceramic Window Tint | LED's | Nav | Moonroof | Cooled Seats
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 06:11 PM

all depends on the sound and possible performance gains, and then what the price is compared to that.

Ruby Red 401a with Cooled Seats
Unleashed Tune 91 Performance
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 06:25 PM

Garage
I'd also be interested in a cat-back, but like others it really depends on how it sounds and especially if they can tune out the drone. Everything I've heard so far just doesn't sound like it fits the car. One person's custom exhaust was great, but that's all I've liked so far.
WaterISWet likes this.

'17 Sport, Magnetic 401A
'10 Focus SES (Daily Driver)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 06:56 PM
Banned

I'd rather have CPE make something along the lines of intercooler piping, intercoolers....major companies will be making exhausts and it's too easy to make your own custom exhaust.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnhalstead View Post
I'd rather have CPE make something along the lines of intercooler piping, intercoolers....major companies will be making exhausts and it's too easy to make your own custom exhaust.
They are already working on an intercooler, just waiting on a time so we can test fit everything
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 08:41 PM

Garage
Bmckee40 likes this.

Stock/gloss black roof-5HUNDRED designs emblems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page