Any regrets not buying options? - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

Any regrets not buying options?

In the market for a sporty sedan. Am considering a Sport but like any buyer would like to keep the cost as low as possible. I am not a technology buff. Do carry a smart phone but dont use it much other to text and could care less if it was paired to the car.
This being said, what is your opinion of options I might regret not getting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 09:35 AM

Garage
I do love my 401A package, though I use Android Auto a lot, and I love the upgraded sound system. I don't necessarily care about the two screens on the dash as they don't do much for me (I have it on the tach all the time anyway). As far as what to look for that you might regret, I would have to say I love my cooled seats, and for no more than they cost it should be equipped on every car. The only thing that I would really like to have had on my car that I didn't get, was the adaptive cruise control... My fiance's sister lives a couple hours away and we go and visit somewhat frequently. There's only two lanes on the highway we travel on, and a lot of tractor-trailer traffic that causes continuous slowdowns. It makes it hard to use cruise control without stopping and resuming every few miles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 10:42 AM

Garage
Only thing I wish I got was a sunroof. I have the 401a and I could care less about anything else. my top priorities were heated seats and a good sound system. But I'm not too worried about it since my car is a lease so I'll get exactly what I wanted in a little over two years from now. I'm hoping they redesign the SHO because that's what I was looking at before the sport. I just couldn't get over the cramped interior for how big the car is. Plus I think the sport is better looking.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 11:12 AM

I only have the 400A package and moonroof and am largely happy, did not want all the nanny technology. Basic Sync/phone integration is fine. I do wish I could have gotten the upgraded stereo without all the other stuff but no big deal.

Doc

2017 Lightning Blue Fusion Sport 400A - Stock (for now)
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 12:07 PM

It all depends. I got every option including park assist. But I'm an older guy and am looking for every possible edge when it comes to safety and assistance. So adaptive speed control is important. All the navigation tech with voice too. Warning me if I am backing into traffic in a parking lot, worthwhile. The more the car can do to help me, the better. I'm still able to push the car and enjoy it like I did the muscle cars of the 70's. But I like have all the "Plan B's" if I make a mistake. To me that was the reason to go with all the tech. Plus I am a tech lover. It all comes down to what is important to you. If I was 25 years old I might get the base model.

2017 Sport, White Platnium, 401A, Nav, Drivers Assist, moonroof, cooled seats, etc.
C70 Volvo (also fun!), Subaru Outback
Past fav's: 1968 GTO, 1968 Camero SS
First car: 1960 Ford Falcon (used)
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
I only have the 400A package and moonroof and am largely happy, did not want all the nanny technology. Basic Sync/phone integration is fine. I do wish I could have gotten the upgraded stereo without all the other stuff but no big deal.

Doc
Dumb question but do you have the Left/Right screens on your dash? Or do you have a mechanical tachometer?

The tach on the digital cluster annoys me to no end. Absolutely hate it compared to the base fusion cluster.

'17 Magnetic, Fusion Sport.
401a
Unleashed 93' Tune
BOV
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 12:46 PM

Like others have said, stuff like Adaptive cruise control and others were never on my Cobra, so I don't know what I'm missing.

401a was a must, navigation was a must because i drive everywhere, always wanted a moonroof, and the cooled seats are heaven. I ordered my car.

Current Cars:
2017 Fusion Sport
Lightning blue, Nav, Moonroof, A/C seats 9/27/17
2004 Mystichrome Cobra Coupe
K&N FIPK Gen 2 (ordered $151.95 delivered, installed 5/29/05)
417.7rwhp/384.7rwtq
2004 Mystichrome Cobra Convertible
stock and no numbers right now

Previous Cars:
1979 Honda Accord (used), 1989 Mustang Coupe (new), 1989 Mustang GT Convertible (used), 1989 Mustang GT Coupe (used), 1999 Mustang GT Coupe (new), 2004 Mustang GT Coupe (new), 2001 SLK320 w/BVRC (used)
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 12:47 PM

Yeah, the right screen is pretty much completely useless (for me)

The ONLY saving grace is that, if you have it set to show navigation information, it will show you the speed limit of the current road you're driving on, without having to have the navigation up on main touch screen.

Incredibly useful if you use CarPlay, since apple maps doesn't show the speed limit.

I want to swap my cluster for a MKZ or Mondeo in the near future.

'17 Magnetic, Fusion Sport.
401a
Unleashed 93' Tune
BOV

Last edited by matt_m; 06-18-2017 at 11:51 PM.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 01:44 PM

No regrets

I leased mine off the lot. I wanted a reasonable monthly payment, and don't really care about technology. The only options mine has is the color (Burgundy Velvet) and All weather floor mats.

It comes with so much stuff standard, I really couldn't ask for more. Plus I don't want any extra weight in the car.

I'm in my mid 50's and prefer "simple". Just my opinion.

Plus I did opt for the 93 Unleashed tune right away. My FAVORITE option by far!!!

Pinky
Kevin74 likes this.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 10:07 PM

Since the car was already close to my budget, the only option I got was the all-weather floormats (great choice, but evidently some after-market ones are better).

The things I really really miss by getting the 400A package is the climate control and the upgraded stereo. But as previously mentioned, the electronic tach on the 401A package is laughable, and that reinforced my decision not to get the 401A. Sync 3 and smart phone access doesn't do anything for me.

I like sunroofs, but only use them about a dozen times a year, so I don't miss that. The integrated garage door opener is nice, but I can live with my $30 opener attached to the passenger visor instead of the $1,050 option. That wasn't a hard decision.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page