Sto N Sho license plate bracket - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Sto N Sho license plate bracket

Someone posted this link on the FB site
2017 Ford Fusion Sport - Removable Front License Plate Bracket | eBay

I just ordered it and it said should be here on Thursday. Sadly I live in a state where the front plate is required and the plastic bracket was put on my car before I was able to pick it up. So I'm going to have to drill out the rivets on it and figure out what I'm going to do with the holes. I already got a no front plate ticket with my Camaro and it was like $100!!

Anyways I'll upload some pictures of the unit and install when I get it
Donjohnk likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 10:12 PM

Garage
I saw it, want one but just way too much$ for what it is

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Stock/gloss black roof-5HUNDRED designs emblems
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Agreed kinda expensive but that stock one blocking the intercooler just drives me crazy
Donjohnk likes this.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 07:26 AM

I wanted to do the same but unfortunately the dealer already drill the holes in the bumper
I ended up removing the bracket and drilled 2 new mounting holes in the plate.
To keep the plate from scratching the paint I added foam weather striping to the back.

You can see in the attached pic I had to drill the holes a tad crooked, that's because the detail guys
drilled the mounting holes in the bumper crooked!
Nothing like paying a guy $12 bucks an hour to drill holes in your $37,000 car.

Not sure is legal but I doubt a cop is ever going to say anything about drilling 2 new holes in the plate.

I actually like how it turned out, I plan on tinting the windows and didn't want 2 reasons to get pulled over.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front plate.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	11858   Click image for larger version

Name:	Plate.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	11866  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 10:43 AM

Garage
Personally, my problem is that they say "No holes!!!" but way at the bottom they say "requires small holes to be drilled on the underside of your vehicle."

If I'm paying that much for a plate bracket, I don't want to drill into my bumper at all. I ended up making my own removable bracket that clamps onto the radiator support behind the lower grille for $8.

'17 Sport, Magnetic 401A
'10 Focus SES (Daily Driver)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMiFo View Post
Personally, my problem is that they say "No holes!!!" but way at the bottom they say "requires small holes to be drilled on the underside of your vehicle."

If I'm paying that much for a plate bracket, I don't want to drill into my bumper at all. I ended up making my own removable bracket that clamps onto the radiator support behind the lower grille for $8.
I think for this one they use the existing holes and screws holding the bottom lip of the bumper on. Not 100% sure but I will find out soon
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 06:22 PM

Garage
Yeah definitely post pictures if you don't mind, and/or let us know. Thanks!

'17 Sport, Magnetic 401A
'10 Focus SES (Daily Driver)

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 08:56 PM

Garage
Just ran across this...

ELECTRIC HIDE-AWAY LICENSE PLATE BRACKET tag holder hidden no holes mount 2017 | eBay
Fozzy likes this.

2017 Fusion Sport Oxford White, 401A, Driver Assist Pkg, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Hood Strut Kit, Rear Sway bar, CAI Kit, Throttle Body Spacer

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

I was out of town a few days and missed the package since USPS wouldn't leave it at my house. Just picked it up. Install super easy. Just unscrew 2 existing bolts under the bumper and put it on. Interesting enough the directions said that you can put it on the left or right side, BUT if you have adaptive cruise control you have to put it on the drivers side or else you will block the sensor. So that might be good news for anyone who thought this wouldn't work with ACC. Also instructions say this lowers ground clearance by 1/2". I'm waiting for my drill to charge before drilling out the old one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	348.3 KB
ID:	12466   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	366.8 KB
ID:	12474   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	12482   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	12490   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	363.8 KB
ID:	12498  

Donjohnk likes this.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Man I'm PO'ed. Tried drilling out the rivets and they both started spinning so I can't get them out. And second I thought that there would only be 2 holes in the bumper but there are 4! Not cool

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page